Reverts to Solo Flight

Hello. Recently, every once in a while, my server reverts to Solo. I’m always flying in Expert so sometimes I think i’m in Expert but in reality I’m in Solo. Today, I was loading up a flight GRU - LAX. I had already done all the work and was about to taxi to runway when I realized the headset icon wasn’t there. I then realized I was in a Solo session and it got me very upset. I don’t understand why it changes to Solo when I always keep it at Expert. Is there something that triggers this? if not, please fix it! It’s already happened 3 times and it’s not convenient at all. It’s caused me to cancel flights all together.

Device: iPhone 14 Pro
iOS Version: 16.5.1

2 Likes

You could one, delete and reinstall IF, or maybe clear the cache. This is all I can think of.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s my device. The issue happens when you’re in the logbook session and then you quit out of the app. it’s a simple fix to just leave the logbook tab before you quit the app but we’re not going to remember to do that every time so I think it would be better if they just fixed that bug

2 Likes

You simply have to make sure you have selected the right server before your flight. Not much else to do. Yes, you do have to do this before every flight, which may be inconvenient, but it only takes a few secs and there isn’t much else to do.

2 Likes

To add on to what Tuna said above, if you’re restarting your app between sessions, chances are it automatically reverts the “world” to Solo, as that is the default, and the app doesn’t (always) remember your server choice between different app sessions.

Always the last resort when troubleshooting.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s true.

1 Like

Yes, this is clearly a bug. It happens to me also all the time. Very annoying. The program should retain the last server selected. I suspect this is well known to the developers and will be fixed in the next update. At least, I hope so.

You can close this @schyllberg

Solved. Next time, simply flag for closure.