Reverse Thrusts

How do you get reverse thrust to work? I cant get my throttle to go below 0. Please help

1 Like

Hello!

Some aircraft do not have reverse thrust.
Do you have this “issue” for every plane?

5 Likes

👋 Hi!
Make sure you are above 60 to use reverse thrust, or it will not work.

Also, make sure to is pushback button to pushback

Not all aircraft have the “reverse thrust” option available for them. You can’t engage it midlfight unless it’s the C-130. You can activate it at any speed above 40 knots when landing. Hope this helps with your confsuion. You can’t activate reverse thrust below 40 knots on the ground. To engage RT simple slide the throttle level down when the conditions are applicable.

1 Like

Reverse thrusts is avalaible for all commercial aircraft(move the throttle ALL the way down you should see -100%) and it will activate if you are over 40 kts

1 Like

You don’t need to move it all the way down. That’s just not realistic.

2 Likes

the throttle yes you do if you want the reverse thrusts

You mean any speed above 40 when landing? :)

Whoops 😅 Changed it now!

1 Like

He’s referring to the amount of power used for reverse thrust. It’s not always the case that you’ll use max reverse thrust and some aircraft it’s standard to only use idle reverse or none at all.

In terms of use in IF, using everything at your disposal slows the aircraft far too quickly and often leaves you either thousands of feet from the first available exit, meaning you spend more time occupying the runway and slowing things down, or exiting the runway at a point that messes up traffic flow on the ground. So I just use around 3/4 reverse thrust and no wheel brakes until I get close enough to an appropriate exit.

2 Likes

I agree! Pilots use no more than 60% on reverse thrust normally!

2 Likes

Thats what I was saying thanks 🙏

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.