Returning Home

Kakadaian umboyo, Walai umboyo

Tawau, is a town on the island of Borneo, in the state of Sabah. The Sulu Sea to the east and the Celebes Sea to the south, the Philippines a couple of hours by boat away and Indonesia a stone’s throw away, this is the place I call home.

Tawau Airport has just since received 3D buildings in the 22.1 update, and I could not be happier to see this airport receive a full edit to include 3D buildings. It’s truly a sight to behold, for me, at least.

To those who were involved with making this set of photos possible, thank you very much. It was probably one of the most stressful pattern I’ve flown in a long time.

I also want to give @Shane and @NJ24 a very special thank you for making this airport possible. You two probably never heard the end of me screaming “When WBKW 3D?”, but hey, the payoff was worth it.

33 Likes

Title reminded me of something

wizzy

4 Likes

Your mind works in mysterious ways.

I had the pleasure of flying to Tawau not too long ago, from Kota Kinabalu. Borneo as a whole has some spectacular scenery to offer, so hopefully more people will visit in IF now that Tawau is 3D.

Looking forward to seeing more airports in Malaysia become 3D soon hopefully

1 Like

I do remember seeing you fly into Tawau, probably when I was controlling during this event.

Great to see people explore Borneo more though, I do hope this addition incentivises people to do so.

1 Like