Restriction Request for LaGuardia (KLGA)

Lately, I’ve seen pilots on Infinite Flight on the Expert Server landing at LaGuardia with 787s, 747s and rarely A380s (A380s only without a controller). This is really annoying because the largest aircraft meant for LaGuardia is the 757-200. Seeing larger aircraft there just gives me a huge headache. Probably gives the controllers one, too.

Plus, it makes no sense if KJFK is just 8.7 Nautical Miles away and KEWR is just 14 Nautical Miles away.

31 Likes

I think I’ve flown in there with a 767 before but I’m not sure it was back in 2013. is LaGuardia the hub for United?

Nope, but KEWR is one of their Secondaries, and a 767???

1 Like

No, it’s a hub for Delta and American. United has a hub at Newark (EWR)

1 Like

Oh… Then i connected to Orlando with a 757 so it must be Newark then

1 Like

@jdag2004 actually, KLGA has Ultra-Rare 767 flights with Air Canada. They also had 767-400ERs there, but that was 2001.

The largest is actually a 767-300ER I believe. I think Delta rarely flies in a 767.

Oh okay! It could be Newark or Jon F kennedy. The flight was from London

1 Like

Yeah, we could expect more bigger aircraft around 2020 when KLGA gets it’s Terminal rebuilt.

2 Likes

Im pretty sure it is Newark. I just looked at the wikipedia and it says there is a route from London Heathrow.

1 Like

I want to redo that 😉 I’ll be mad if someone lands a 747 at Albrook knowing that they have MPPA and MPTO in GF 🙄😒

2 Likes

Currently the largest aircraft that flies in there is the 767. However, because the 787 is a composite aircraft it may be a little larger but relatively the same weight ± couple thousand pounds. Often an airport is restricts aircraft based on their weight, and build’s the size of the airport on the weight of the aircraft. I would say that the 787 is the biggest that you could fit in but nothing larger. 777’s, 74’s and any thing equal or larger is out of the question. I fly in and out LGA a couple times a week, and believe me, theres no room for any thing bigger.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a 787-8 in LGA (Flightradar24)

Pilote: inbound on the ils…
Tower: You’re aircraft is to heavy for the airport , please divert too. . . . and contact . . . . .

Could be good :)

2 Likes

LGA-Runway 4/22

Dimensions: 7001 x 150 ft. / 2134 x 46 m
Surface: asphalt/concrete/grooved, in good condition
Weight bearing capacity:
PCN 63 /F/B/W/T
Single wheel: 80.0
Double wheel: 170.0
Double tandem: 360.0

1 Like

I would like proof of that. I live close to lga and I basically see every aircraft, never seen a 787 going to and/or departing from LaGuardia. Also, nothing on the Internet shows proof either. FR24 is known to have errors. I saw a “Concorde” over the Atlantic once.

I saw it on FR24. It was an American 787-8 flying DFW-LGA

Doubt a 787 would fly that…

I saw it. I am just saying what I saw

Like I said, it could be a bug. Well it has to be one.