Reserve Fuel

For my flight I am trying to make my fuel as realistic as possible. Should I do flight time fuel + 15% of my trip time for reserve fuel + taxi time = my fuel load. Is that realistic and reliable?

3 Likes

You can use fpltoif.com for an accurate fuel estimate

2 Likes

For me usually I usually just add 1 hour of extra fuel in case anything goes wrong . Sometimes you may be in long holds and you never know what could happen.

1 Like

I do but it adds so much extra fuel, how do I work around this?

You can select how much extra fuel it adds. Keep in mind that extra fuel is always better than too little fuel.

When you’re not doing good landings you don’t
Get any enough fuel. They can add any fuel to the planes on the game. This means they may add something to it.

1 Like

You can always dump fuel (a/c depending) but you can never add fuel

“ It’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it”

How much should I add when choosing my reserve fuel?

That is up to your discretion. On the fuel dropdown on fpltoif.com, you can select 15 minutes extra fuel, 30 minutes, and so on.

1 Like

What do you usually do?

I’d bring more if there is expected headwinds or flying into busy air spaces like a featured hub or a flash flight.

1 Like

When I fly into ATC regions, I pack an hour of extra fuel because delays are very common in crowded airspace. However, I always land with a ton of fuel left, so 30 minutes extra (the default) should be good.

1 Like

Thank you for your help everyone!

2 Likes

No worries, you can flag this for closure if all your questions have been answered.

1 Like