RESCHEDULED/DATE TO BE PUBLISHED NOTAM (1): Mad Max's Flying Circus; Aerobatic Event😜

TO BE RESCHEDULED TO A LATER DATE… REGRET, Max
So you can maneuver thru the air Point to Point in a Trash Hauler, follow ATC instructions & have 75%/XP above 10k rating!
Good… The real question is can you FLY… An Aerobatic Skill event comes next Saturday. In the interim I suggest you freshen up your aerobatic knowledge & Tail Dragger skills. The Event: Competitive Aerobatics. The Plane: The Super Decatholon. The Place: over the “Salton Sea” in SoCall. The Home Field: Jacky Cochren. The Rules: See; Wbreeze.com ( Intro to Competitive Aerobatics) pick 3 basic skill level routines, like a; Percision Turn, Barrel Roll, Immelmann etc. Judges: 3 Senior IF Pilots. Prize: “Self Esteem”. Date/Time/Sign Up and particulates will be published next week… Mad Max Sends

5 Likes

I look forward to it! Love a bit of stunting in a SuperD ;) @Maxmustang

1 Like

I may consider attending…

2 Likes

Who are the judges? :) @Maxmustang

2 Likes

By the way, are aerobatics allowed in Live? I might go do some now…

2 Likes

@BBJMAX i was going to ask you of course… I want to see the response first…If it’s a bust its s no go… I’ll monitor the Salton Sea and get an idea of the level of interest. If nobody practices in the next 5 days I think it will be a duster. Considering an Air Refueling go for aircraft with that capability. Have the prelims completed utilizing the “Omega” profile. Regards Max

2 Likes

@SkyHawk Fly aerobatics all the time in a D… As long as your out of controlled airspace there’s no system imposed violation. (Stay far away from
all airfields). Centers usually leave you alone if you file VFR in remote areas.
Max

1 Like

I like the prize :wink: might give it a try.

1 Like

Can I be a judge ? :)

1 Like

@dush19. I am pleased your interested, thank you. Count.yourself in.
I’m hopeing we see some activity over the Salton Sea which will indicated some interests. As we get closer, we’ll coordinate via PM. Regards, Max

INFO: @BBJMAX

2 Likes

@Maxmustang, Love the proposal! A Super event sounds like a fun time. Even if pilots just fly-in to watch from parking, I bet it would be an interesting display.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

@Down4Double. Fly the area. Note the Salten Sea is some distance from Cochran. There may be another remote field closer. I’ll check, we could stage at Cochran and echelon fro a remote. That would be a good way to file in to a start point on the sea. I’ll give it a look and consider options. Thank. (The best layed plans always need a second pair of eyes.). Thanks, Max

@Rotate. Hoping to build on this long term… I visualize an Air Show/flyin in at a “B” with light aircraft & fighters down the Pike. The fledgling should be introduced to the “World” of aviation me thinks. At some point I hope to see a GA recip twin in the inventory even if it’s only a -8 or twin Otter. Regard, Max

1 Like

i think this should be fun…I’ll come for sure and watch all the thrills…go one MAX!!

I’ll see who else in IFEP wants to do it!

1 Like

I’ll give it a try! Bit of a break from the usual and let’s us show off our skills!

1 Like

@Maxmustang, I think that you picked a great location. Especially considering that aerobatic violation rule. I never knew that rule applied to all air fields. I always thought it was just the blue colored airports, but you are right. I just tested out Cochran and received a warning for aerobatics. Cochran would work great as a staging area like you suggested.

I’m attaching some screenshots from Salten Sea with some notes to establish an off airport pattern and landing area. Is this even close to what you are thinking for this event? Kind of like a pattern landing contest, but instead of landing, you would approach at a designated heading/altitude and perform an aerobatic maneuver once you are in the box?

If these screenshots are wrong, let me know and I will delete them to avoid confusion. Thank you

1 Like

@Down4Double… Hot Shit!!! Wanna be a Judge? Max

(move)

@Maxmustang, yeah I would be happy to help out however I can. These type of GA events are precisely what is missing from IF. I would love to see this become a regular thing. Even if it starts small! Thanks for the proposal, Sierra Hotel!!

1 Like