"Requesting taxi to De-icing / Taxiing to De-icing" - requests and announcements only

Dear IF mates ❄️ ❄️ ❄️ ❄️ ❄️

Winter is here again in the Northern hemisphere and plenty of de-icing fluids are being splashed on aircrafts. It would be fantastic to have the opportunity to request and announce your need of de-icing to ATC as well as announce your plan to taxi to de-icing area even on Unicom. This feature would bring realism to the sim with a quite simple add-on. It would be great to announce your plan to taxi to de-icing area instead of active RW in case you are stopping on the way on the De-icing area.

This feature could be added quite easily with two alternatives:
1 ) Add functionality to communicate on Unicom or ATC controlled Ground channel “Requesting taxi to De-cing” / “Taxiing to De-icing”.
2) If possible allow the de-icing announcements only available if weather is subzero.

Please note this feature is not including any other de-icing features such as moving 3D trucks as many existing de-icing requests are including many other elements. This request is only for the simple ATC/Radio commands.

Brilliant idea. Would de-icing be required in-game if necessary IRL?

1 Like

Maybe ”easier” to implement, if temperatures are under 0°C. 😅

1 Like

I think that it would only be good if there was snow and ice implemented in the simulator. I still gave this a vote though. Great idea!

4 Likes

Cool idea. I’ll give a vote :)

2 Likes

Why subzero? Are you talking about Celsius or Fahrenheit? Because Fahrenheit is 32 degrees for its freezing point.

1 Like

Subzero in Celcius. 😅🙏 Thanks for pointing it out.

1 Like

Okay bc I live in Florida, and we go by Fahrenheit. Also we go by all-year-round summertime, there is never a winter lol. Yesterday it was 76 degrees Fahrenheit (24.4444 Celsius) but it is mid-November!!

1 Like

Lucky you 😊👌🏻. We have had snow now for one week in Southern Finland.

I actually like this idea

What I feel that should be added with it is the de-icing trucks so it is truly realistic

1 Like

Guys for this feature to be at its best, I just started another feature about snow and ice. If you want to see this, I would reccomend you vote for that, too.

1 Like

Moved to Florida from Washington, so I am still getting used to the heat lol. Also I like this idea and am definitely gonna vote for this

1 Like

Sounds like a great idea. What is your home airport here in the Sunshine State?

1 Like

KGNV Gainesville regional

1 Like

Nice! I’m a central Floridian, so I fly out of Orlando International Airport KMCO

2 Likes

This is certainly useful, as we have ‘De Icing Ramp’ start locations/positions in some airports, and this could work. I will certainly vote for it once I have a vote cleared up to give

2 Likes

It’s good idea

1 Like

More features would make the game more and more fun, and I strongly agree with your suggestion😀

2 Likes

Adds more realism but yet again causes more work for ATC for players who don’t know where the de-icing stands are. This means ATC would have to give out progressive taxi instructions and imagine that at a busy airport. Maybe have two frequencies on ground for those who are taxing to runway and those who want de-icing for example.

Vancouver ground Air Canada 456 requesting taxi to de-icing.

Air Canada 456 contact ground on 126.70 (This is the 2nd ATC for taxiing to de-icing stands).

After the aircraft has finished they request frequency change to 1st ground 126.50 for taxi to the assigned runway.

3 Likes

Great idea. I’ll give it a vote.

1 Like