Requesting Pushback

Ok, I think a majority of everyone either lives in the USA or the UK. I was wondering when I came across a YouTube video of a well know FSX simmer. He said “in the states you don’t need clearance for pushback.” I’ve heard this a few times. Since IF has mainly US regions, do we have to request for pushback or not. I could care les but I just want to make sure.

1 Like

Always request pushback

7 Likes

Keep in mind this is in FSX, not Infinite Flight

1 Like

Perfect. As Liam stated, always request pushback. There’s a “Request Pushback” button there for a reason there you know! :)

1 Like

Use pushback if your at an actual average gate. If you’re somewhere like London City, you just request taxi. I get very angry when I control at LCY and people ask for pushback, I always tell them “Taxi to Runway XX”

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Rotate is correct in that you don’t always need pushback clearance. In real life if you are inside a non movement zone you can do whatever you want until you are going to cross the zone line. In infinite flight there is only one circumstance where you don’t request pushback. You don’t have to request pushback if you are already facing the taxiway and requesting a pushback wouldn’t help align you with the taxiway. As DJ stated previously, LCY is a good example. You are already facing the taxiway so why request pushback.

2 Likes

Finally, I’m actually correct at something in my life.

(JOKING)

3 Likes

4 Likes

Non-movement area boundary lines were added to several places in the last update that included rwy numbers.

As stated, if your pushback will not cross that boundary, you don’t need to ask Ground to pushback. Before you cross that boundary though, you will need clearance (pushback or taxi).

I’ll need to load up IF to find a good example (I am going to bed now instead), but they are pretty common now. Look for the lines that are similar to hold-short bars but extend the length of a parking area before reaching a taxiway.

LAX does, I was just wondering because a lot of other Flight simmers say that in the US, you don’t need clearance for pushback unless onto a taxiway. Thanks for the feedback everyone!👍🏾

Thanks for your help on this Jason! How do they do things in Canada? Are the rules similar?

3 Likes

All the FSX vids…and real life ones…I have seem them requesting to push back and start up. Maybe if not requesting it from ATC direct it is requested from Ramp Control which I understand is more of a U.S. Thing? In EAA regions I think that Ground ATC also does Ramo Control (?).

And approximately 15 hours away in Australia, you still have to have permission for pushback.

In the U.S. you have ramp controllers who control the area around the gates/terminals. This ramp area is not controlled by the Ground controller, so Ground will clear you to the ramp, but once in there what you do in the ramp area is controlled by the ramp controller. You still need to get route clearance from the Delivery controller, but the actual push and start is coordinated by the ramp controller.

EDIT: sorry corrected spelling, should have said “not controlled” rather “now controlled” in the second sentence.

2 Likes

WWWWOOOOOAAAAHHHHHHH!!! DJ WAS RIGHT!!!

There is no pushback at EGLC as the aircraft are supposed to park with nose facing the taxiway, like this:

The yellow stand markings reflect this as well.