Requesting IFATC to be in Australia @1400Z - 1500Z

After some private messaging, I would like to request the IFATC staff to control in the Sydney, Australia region from 1400Z - 1500Z. I’m currently figuring out the time, and will update the topic with the date soon.

Thanks!

2 Likes

you can just ask an IFATC to open.

1 Like

By all means request it but there’s no garuntee that it will be granted.

1 Like

That would be great if you could be tower and ground for YSSY, I’ll be flying from YSCB to YSSY. Thanks

2 Likes

It all comes down to what region is active and what has been controlled that week, we have an awesome website that shows us the stats on what regions have been open the most, if there is 40 odd flights in another region its highly doubtful that they will just open up Australia for you.

2 Likes

If you just ask one controller to open, here on the form he would probably do that.

Remember only one region open at a time

1 Like

We can’t just open because it’s requested, we try and stick to one region and one region only.

2 Likes

What time tomorrow do you want us open?

1 Like

Yes ofcourse we try, but if people want it why we shouldn’t do it? But I understand that it is a bad idea, if many people ask us to open somewhere. Then we probably Need to open 10 regions Haha.

Would you guys stop arguing. If you want to argue do it in PM. There is nothing wrong with someone asking politely for us to open a region if given advanced notice.

7 Likes

Just pm @Tyler_Shelton and he will ask the IFATC Slack team to open up the certain region you wish to fly

Just PM any of us and we will forward your request. As an IFATC I always try to accommodate requests but it does require some coordination with the team so it’s very much appreciated that you ask us well in advance. :) But sure, just ask.

2 Likes

From 8:05 to 9:00 would be great (or your usual shift times, whichever one is more convenient)

1 Like

Just to add on to what Brandon, it’s better to give advanced notice then we can ensure that we don’t open until the day you requested that region. We don’t want to have a request late while another region is open or if it has already been open for a long time in one week. We have plans so work with them 😂

Is that Zulu time of your local time? If you could put the Zulu time in the title I’ll post it to the group. If we have another region open with considerable traffic we won’t be switching however.

1 Like

Are you all forgetting when @Tyler_Shelton allowed me to open up in San Fran for @Nathan event even though the active region was somewhere else? This wasn’t that long ago…

@JacobVanZanten if you haven’t already, message Tyler and ask if you can have a member of IFATC control for whatever it is you have going on. If he gives the ok, message a few ifatc members and ask for availability/willingness but also show proof of tyler’s approval. Like others have mentioned, we are willing to coordinate with advanced notice.

@Nichalas_Petranek I don’t think Tyler will open up as he is occupied with alpha testing for global.

He is referencing the team as a whole. This isn’t a request for a specific person, they’re just requested ATC services in general which I coordinate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.