Requesting for pushback but ATC not replying

Hello,
this happened a lot of times to me.

I was requesting for pushback on Expert server but Ground ATC was replying. Once I waited for 30+ minutes! There were no aircrafts nearby and some of them spawned later than me they got the pushback approved immediately. I requested again every 10 minutes, so 4 times but still no response. I really didnt know what to do so I ended the flight.

So what to do at this situations? Can I send the request pushback message once again? In what time can I send it once again? Can I get a IFATC report for sending duplicate messages because the ground did not reply??

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

What airport were you at?

The controller was probably having Connection issues.I personally wait 20 mins until I send it again because he or she could be busy.

The controller was having connection issues, they switched I believe and now there is a new guy in the tower

2 Likes

This happend many times to me. Last time I remember at Edinburgh.

1 Like

The airport was not busy at all. There were only few airplanes.

3 Likes

Yes I know I had the same issue there but now its okay, they switched. But this happened many times to me.

1 Like

If you’ve been waiting an unusual amount of time at a gate or on a taxiway and have sent repeated requests, it’s best to contact the controller privately and see what’s up.

IFATC controllers must have display names match their usernames on the community, so it won’t be difficult to find them. Await a response from the controller ater sending a message. A connection issue may be the primary cause of the NORDO between you and the controller.

Under no circumstances should you pushback, taxi, or depart from an airport if a controller doesn’t respond to you. If you have doubts, simply wait or quit the session. Real life pilots cannot just depart from a runway if ATC isn’t responding, the same applies to Infinite Flight on the expert server.

7 Likes

@Nathan Thank you for your reply. So can I get a ghost for sending multiple pushback requests? But this happens a lot to me and I dont have time to contact all controllers privately. I know I cant move without the ATC permission.

1 Like

If you spam i.e. sending 5 requests in less than a minute, then that is a ghostable offense. If you do send multiple requests, a controller may acknowledge you by either stating the “airport is busy” or to “avoid sending duplicate messages.” Your connection is stable here and he/she cannot clear you at the moment – continue waiting.

If neither of those responses are given though, you most likely are NORDO to a controller and they cannot give you any instructions. Regardless, you cannot just begin moving on your own accord. Get in contact with a controller as I stated. Most will simply give you instructions in the DM if they’re unable to do so via Infinite Flight. I’ve had a personal experience with this.

3 Likes

@Nathan Ok, thanks!

2 Likes

Hey there Jakub, I believe I was the controller at Edinburgh if you were talking about yesterday evening. Sorry for the inconvenience, but from my side I was having connection issues, and the commands were not going through for some planes.

4 Likes

Hey all there was something wrong earlier with the screen. Once the planes were about 3/4s of the way down the taxiway the planes were disappearing. As a result, I was not receiving aircraft assignments as they were not visible. I am not quiet sure about what was happening because even when I relaunched the application it was doing the same things. Most of the aircraft were invisible. Hopefully, there wasn’t to much complication but the situation was really not in my control.

Regards,

Jake Rogers

2 Likes

happened to me but it was about 40 mins with no response so I ended the flight (grant it it was the Summit but my whole VA took off and I was left behind. my best suggestion is to wait it out as they can be really busy sometimes.

2 Likes

This could be a connection issue on your end if ATC replies to other aircraft in the vicinity. Sometimes when you request a pushback, or any command and we see a conflict, we will just tap on your tag which cancels out the continuous yellow beeping tag. Best thing in the this situation is wait 3-5 minutes try again and if it continues, check your connection

2 Likes

you dont need to wait that long… lol

2 Likes

if the controller is busy like the EGLL FNF the other day.yea.

2 Likes

The worst the controller can do is tell you to “avoid sending duplicate messages”. If you keep spamming the frequency after that, expect “please follow instructions or you will be ghosted”. We have to send multiple warnings telling you to stop and to follow instructions before we can ghost someone.

2 Likes

If you don’t receive a response within 2 minutes ask again 20 minutes is nuts.

4 Likes

Only if I am in a situation like the EGLL FNF 2 weeks ago

2 Likes