Request to the Devs to let us know what they think

Sometimes the people in this community have really great ideas. Both for improvements and for new features. Not always, but that’s the thing with ideas. Bad ones eventually lead to good ones.
It would be nice when the devs could let us know when they find an idea is really good and that they’re thinking about doing something with it in an upcoming version.
I mean, the devs keep really quiet. Even pictures of things they are working on have to be spotted on Instagram. Why not share those with the community? Don’t we deserve that?
Even on Facebook there are more indications of things that might or might not come in the future.
It shouldn’t be that hard to let us, invested members of the community, in on some stuff or to respond to ideas with just “Nope, not going to happen”, or “That is a good idea, but not right now”, or "That is something we are already working on, but don’t know when it’ll be ready, or the ultimate one: “Expect that in the upcoming version!”.
Would that be possible?
So basically this is a request for the devs to not be so quiet and interact more with the community in terms of development of Infinite Flight and not just about forum related things.
I would make the community more important and valuable.
So this is also a way to make it grow. Participation and contribution is important.
That’s why I put it in General.
It would be great.

15 Likes

Like GitHub issues for example (tags)?

Would need a Discourse update/extension.

i agree that they should maybe communicate better but there is part of this site that shows parts that are under review, started and complete

MaxSez; I suggest the community leave the Developers alone! Phil monitors the Forum regularly if your paying attention! They are extremely attentive to Forum & Facebook suggestions and recommendation. Wanna bang ears with a Developer swoon via PM.

5 Likes

The thing is, they don’t reply to PMs most of the time. I’m not sure if that is just Matt because of him being busy and always on the move.

Matt is extremely busy!
It would be impossible for him to reply to everything…

1 Like

@Belfast_spotter… MaxSez… Per my post: Please open Webster’s and read the definition of the word “Swoon” and the Urban Dictionary for the term “bang ears”.

I think the IF dev team interacts with the community well, more involved than most.

Problem being some in the community holds the devs to there word to much, landing smoke for example.

Over on the fds voting page they do respond.

1 Like

As much as i don’t agree to this…some part of me says yes to these…atleast we need to know if we are on the right path in our requests or just fooling around with ourself.Not necessarily to matt any of the staff could do a reply.Just a sentence is enough for a while. Isn’t this the reason why we are a community:) Feedback is appreciated

2 Likes

It is must be really difficult to read and reply to all the requests i must say.even for their free time unless they make automated feedback which IMO wouldn’t be that easy

1 Like

The main reason i like this is because requests will be made to be more accurate and easier to expect…atleast if they like this idea and tell us to expect it anytime it will be easy to project what kind of ideas they are in to deal with because am quite sure some of our ideas are usually quite off topic to there to do list…e.g we want crashes in live!!

The thing is, the majority of the feature requests we see nowadays are all the same: worldwide, buildings, new planes, etc… The devs have voiced their opinions on this many times before, whether it be on the legacy feedback site, via Facebook, or interviews (such as on FlightSim.com, or FlightCast).

If Matt spent 2 mins answering every livery request, that amounts to a lot of valuable time that could be spent doing something else more exciting, instead of repeating the same answers over and over again to every single person that emails in, posts on the forum, or asks on a Facebook group.

3 Likes

I see how you can feel this way since so many members of the community put in time to lay out some very elaborate suggestions. However, if you look at other apps, you hear little to nothing from developers. I think it’s a great thing that this dev team has put together this community and allowed methods for feedback. Even if they don’t reply to posts here, it’s still much better than you’d get elsewhere.

I’m not sure of their work schedule or if this really is an 8hr/day 5day/wk job for them, but just look how easy it is to waste a few hours on this forum. Not seeing devs post here may not be ignorance, but just good time management. :P

2 Likes

It would be nice when the devs could let us know when they find an idea is really good and that they’re thinking about doing something with it in an upcoming version.

I am confident that 99.9999999999999% of interesting suggestions have been addressed at some point or another.

I mean, the devs keep really quiet. Even pictures of things they are working on have to be spotted on Instagram. Why not share those with the community? Don’t we deserve that?

Matt posting on his personal Instagram has become more of a tradition now to give sneak peeks. I like to believe that we are very open with what we are working on; however we have to be sure that we can deliver a feature before we can start talking about it otherwise we are setting ourselves up for big disappointment; we have to manage expectations.

Even on Facebook there are more indications of things that might or might not come in the future.

Facebook posts is also more of a tradition for livery reveal. We could indeed post here, but facebook gives a bit more exposure.

It shouldn’t be that hard to let us, invested members of the community, in on some stuff or to respond to ideas with just “Nope, not going to happen”, or “That is a good idea, but not right now”, or "That is something we are already working on, but don’t know when it’ll be ready, or the ultimate one: “Expect that in the upcoming version!”.

We have our old feedback site where we usually mark ideas as planned/not planned. That being said our mid-term goal is to have all feature requests on this forum but there are still a few missing features (like voting, tagging…etc) that we need to have (coming soon) to make it easier for us to put a status on those requests.

So basically this is a request for the devs to not be so quiet and interact more with the community in terms of development of Infinite Flight and not just about forum related things.

Not quiet :) Please keep in mind that managing community is a full time job (and we have 2 ppl dedicated to this + our great mod team). Still, it often requires our attention and all the time we spend on the forum is time we don’t spend on the next great feature, and we can’t talk about the next great feature if we don’t spend time on it … see where this is going? :)

15 Likes

You want a good example?

I have requested the arrival table you’ll see in ATC mode

Right here :

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.