Reporting feature: „Warning“ option ⚠️ for ATC

I love it! :)

1 Like

Great idea. And to add to it, maybe when we select “information” it’ll show active warnings to ATC?

1 Like

If it’s busy I understand, but if it’s light traffic it shouldn’t be too difficult to manage. The thing I feel like the current CUG is way too broad, I doubt when someone sees that they actually check. And if they do, where do they even look??

I get our point. But don’t get me wrong I’m aiming for a 80/20 solution with this request. I think using the violation set we already have, we’ll make a huge progress with it. Maybe this could be the next possible step afterwards…

1 Like

Thank you! We would use the same command strip already available via the report button. There are approx 10-12 available. I used the TFR for my example.

Like this. The UI obviously needs tweaking cuz it’s hard to see the screen

1 Like

Thx, I agree. It’s just a draft. It’s not my job to design it dev ready :). I just wanted to build something to convey the idea.

Maybe a loud horn could sound as well - A lot of violations are given when pilots are distracted, and it would bring their attention if this message is sent

3 Likes

Acoustic signals as a second notification sounds reasonable. We just have to keep in mind not all user turn the volume on while flying.

I’d be interested to see this first in a testing phase with the proper fine tuning. Don’t get me wrong, I like the idea. My only concern is that if you’re already sending 1 or 2 PFI/PFIR, and the pilot is still not following the instructions, then a report is warranted. I’m all for educating first and I’m not a hawk that goes straight to reporting. My other concern is, would there be too much time spent reading rather than flying or controlling which could potentially lead to more problems. Part of the job on the appeals team is also to educate whether the violation be removed or upheld. I’m not trying to be a negative Nancy. I still think it’s a good and cool idea. But this was just my side/opinion of it.

4 Likes

No worries, every perspective ist valuable and appreciated. I can understand your concern that it potentially lead to distraction reading the content. However, the reading time is on the pilots side, not the controller. I’ve chosen my proposal out of a psychological aspect: It’s easier to win people explaining them what went wrong without the punishment issued first. Just think of your own feeling, getting a violation: I think the answer is obvious. I’m absolutely with you that a direct report should still be available. That’s why it is still included in the idea. Thanks for your response. A test phase is a good idea!

1 Like

I would like to add 1 thing. I feel like the example you gave with it popping up write in the center, very smack big, could be quite distracting to the pilot (as you said it might be distracting if they are flying while reading). I think having it on the side or something and it being spoken would be better, especially since it could kind of blind the pilot during critical stages of flight if it just appears smack in the middle.

1 Like

40 votes in a day… not too bad 👀

1 Like

I agree: I did it to draw my idea the best way possible. Honestly I didn’t spent too much time on the usability. If the idea is feasible, a UI Designer will find a good solution, I’m sure :). Thx for your ideas!

1 Like

It can’t compete with the big requests out there :). However, I’m happy with the discussion and the appreciation. The reason why I made this topic was to find a solution, or let’s say a way to improve the several requests out there: „make the ES great again“ maybe it helps a bit to achieve this goal.

2 Likes

I think we can all agree with that. It’s been a discussion many times but I think this would be one step closer to finding a solution ;) As time goes on I’m sure this idea can be expanded on and hopefully brought in game 🤞🏼

1 Like

This is quite an interesting feature request that I would like to see

1 Like

Great idea, I think it’d be tremendously helpful!

1 Like

Voted, this could prevent a lot of instant trips to the end flight button since pilots who actually understand what ATC instructions do and are maybe just making a careless error are given a specific thing to fix.

1 Like

We need to put a pause to adding aircraft and start requesting more of these types of features.

I love this. We need to stop the trolling, and this is a great step forward.

2 Likes