Reporting Excessive Heat Issue During Infinite Flight on iPhone 13

Dear Schyllberg

I hope this message finds you well. My name is Akshay, and I am reaching out to bring to your attention an issue I have been experiencing while using the Infinite Flight app on my iPhone 13.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that my device tends to heat up quite quickly when playing Infinite Flight, especially during long-haul flights. This excessive heat becomes a significant hindrance, making it challenging to engage in extended gaming sessions.

As a dedicated user of Infinite Flight, I greatly value the immersive experience the app provides. However, the heating issue has been impacting my ability to enjoy long-haul flights to their fullest extent. I wanted to bring this matter to your attention in the hope that there may be a solution or any recommendations you could provide to address this concern.

I understand that technology can sometimes present unexpected challenges, and I appreciate your dedication to providing users with the best possible experience. If there are any updates, patches, or suggestions to alleviate this overheating problem on iPhone 13, I would be grateful for your assistance.

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your ongoing efforts to enhance the Infinite Flight experience.

Best regards,

Akshay

1 Like

do you have same problem @deltaoutofdca ???

Hey @Akshay_747, I’d recommend lowering your brightness and Infinite Flight graphic settings during longer flights. This should cause your phone to generate less heat.

1 Like

tried but not that much effective

I know that some forum users use cooling pads or fans for their devices to avoid high heat levels, which might be worth the investment.

1 Like

Do you have a case on your phone? If so - remove it and see if that improves the situation.

Also have your phone face-down - means heat can escape out the back of the phone much easier as opposed to if the phone was face-up.

1 Like

No.
(10char)
I just liked it lol

1 Like

thanks for the suggestion @MattAV and @BennyBoy_Alpha. By the way in my opinion you are the most active IFC member i have ever seen!!

2 Likes

Are you using 30 or 60fps?

1 Like

30fps because 60fps will cause my phone heat in few minutes

As Benny has mentioned above make sure your phone can vent ie not placing it on a pillow or blanket, removing the case. You could also try clearing out anything you don’t need that way your device is not working too hard. In event that your device does get to hot try using the new flight resume feature and give your device a break.

1 Like

How old is your battery, and have you noticed any tendency for temperatures to be higher with other normal usage, compared with when your battery was newer?

2 Likes

You might need to replace your phone’s battery, it’s recommended to do so for the iPhone 13 every 500 cycles of full charge. I have the same phone.

1 Like

my battery is 1 years old with health of 90% ya it heats faster compared normal usage

2 Likes

Its also good to keep in mind that Apple does throttle their phones especially. I know this other option isn’t economically that great but iPads really work much better no matter their age most of the time. But I have heard replacing the battery does the trick, you just have to kinda do it often.

3 Likes

I had to replace mine under 1 year of using my phone, it happens, does the trick though for sure.

2 Likes

If what I read is true, Apple recommends battery replacement at 80% health. There were some user suggestions that 90% might show some issues appearing, but I don’t have good (as in sufficient) info on that.

But it doesn’t seem unreasonable that heat reduction strategies may become increasingly required as batteries progress toward the end of their usable life.

Maybe others have better info on that?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.