Reporting Airport Issues

Hey all,

Just wanted to send a gentle reminder that we’ve seen a spike in airport issue reporting within the #support category. Please report these in the topic linked below and if you are feeling real adventurous come join us in the airport editing team. The world is filled with airfields of all different sizes, layouts and intricacies waiting for the taking.

If you would like to join the team or you are leaning on the fence have a look below. Included is a guide to help you get started on your way to helping a great group of dedicated individuals working to improve the Infinite Flight experience.

32 Likes

I would also suggest making a similar post in the support category and pinning it to try and get the message across better, if it hasn’t already been done. very rarely do I venture into the support category Sometimes a little bit of redundancy helps just that much more.

I’m sure that people will get the message with this post, no need for many similar posts just like this one ;).

While I would be inclined to agree with you, it just seems logical to me that if the issue is in the support category, then that’s where a message addressing the issue should be posted. Or if there was an issue in the atc category, then the message addressing the issue should be posted in the atc category as well.

I hope that clears up my rationale/mindset.

1 Like

MaxSez. Google Doc is not easy for us IT illiterates. It is a real pain and inconvenience. Whoever thunk up this 2d party convoluted administrative nitemare certainly did’nt consider the audience or the utility of the Forum, It’s IF’s one stop shop. Support seem the ideal and convenient vehicle to file Chart omission or error to my managerial oriented mind. If Support don’t work, generate a Chart Correction Feature. Just Sayin. Regards, Dog

5 Likes

Incline, is that like a CowTow or do you bend at the waist?

G’nite Nick…

1 Like

There seems to be some confusion here. The Google Form was created so that any issues would go directly to the Airport Editing Team, not to the residents of the forum. Many of us editors rarely use the forum, so using the forum can take much longer than our in-house form. As far as ease of use is concerned, if you cannot follow simple instructions and describe the issue, you probably cannot fly an airplane very well.

Thanks for your understanding,

Ryan Epps

Airport Editing Supervisor

2 Likes

@Maxmustang just as you often say: Google is your friend.
Quick search of the phrase returns the usage.

Screenshot_20171222-001542

You don’t file for “Chart Inaccuracies” in that form.

Dush even I knew what he meant… come on now…

(Meanwhile max is writing a novel.)

2 Likes

@ryu12332. MaxSez: Are you throwing down the gauntlet son?
Let’s start here; The Google Form was generated for “Your & your Teams convenience, not the membership, we are not residence., “Not “Us” Editors, It’s “We” Editors. The Editors don’t use the Forum, OhMy, I’ll pass here on your personally offensive final sentence. You may finish this via PM if you wish; Wire MaxMustang, Have Gun Will a Travel. LOL

I will reiterate that everything we do is to serve the community. This topic is not the place for discussion. The expected method to post issues has been stated, as has the rationale. If you don’t like it, I’m sorry, but that is how we operate.

I would not know that, I no longer report Error or inaccuricies like missing ILS’s. I don’t have a Google Acct and Don’t want one just to file what ever you call them. Regards Old Friend

@Nichalas_Petranek. MaxSez: Inclined Marion-Webster:

Definition of inclined. 1 : having inclination, disposition, or tendency. 2 a : having a leaning or slope. b : making an angle with a line or plane. First Known Use: 15th century.

G’nite again Nick

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.