Reported when ATC first came online - level 3

Hey yall. I was doing a flight for. KSLC to KSFO. Upon entering, Norcal approach airspace. There was 30+ Planes on approach, when both Norcal and SFO Tower Both went off-line at the exact same time. So those 30 some planes including me used Unicom we all did our best for spacing, but with only 19L it was tight 2mile splits. I even did a left 360, while on final, to get behind a couple of planes for more spacing. I was number 1 to land and the aircraft in front of me was exiting the runway. There was no notification that Tower came online. Everyone was still using UNICOM The second my my wheels touchdown I got a level 3 violation , no warning nothing. In my opinion, the past couple days ATC has been very iffy. I don’t know what is going on, but this was ridiculous. I have no idea how to petition a violation. Was anyone else on approach to SFO when ATC went off-line? That landing would’ve put me at a grade 4 but now I’m down to a grade 2 because of the level three violation. Can someone please advise

1 Like

Who was controlling during this?
If you can find that out, you can contact appeals and discuss your violation.
This is totally not your fault and I understand!!

1 Like

Everyone was still using unicom when I was at minimums and the second my wheels hit the ground the level 3 popped up so no idea who was on ATC.

1 Like

Check in replay:)

Hello,

Please reach out to the appeals team and we will be happy to look into this for you.

Take a look at the topic below for more information the process to appeal a violation:

Let us know if you have any questions. Take care!

1 Like

Where would I see it on replays? im watching and can’t see where the controller name would be

Click the airport your landing at. Than it will say.
If it doesn’t, can’t really help anymore.

Hey Declan. I simply just fly and rarely go on here. How do I navigate to the appeals page? Man im pretty upset about this.

yeah for whatever reason nothing pops up when I click sfo. I know during a normal flight (not a replay) that you can see whos controlling

1 Like

Check out the steps mentioned in the quote below from the topic that I’ve linked above. It’s explained there on how to contact the appeals team:

1 Like

Thanks. Figured it out and submitted. Typically how long does it take. Really was looking forward to March 1st ATC schedule and would hate to miss out. Sorry for anything. I am always by the book following ATC instructions

1 Like

I agree with this - yesterday I asked for clearance to take off at 10R at KSFO while another plane was lining up at waiting and got cleared for take off even though the other wasn’t even rolling. I then waited for the other to take off then re-requested and got cleared for take off at 10L. There wasn’t that much traffic at the time either.

Then later on that same flight I stated my approach to KLAX to SOCAL approach and then got asked what my approach was again.

1 Like

I was taking off from LAX last night. I was at 25R (not full length). Tower left 3 other planes by me on the full length while I had been waiting for 10min. Then I requested departure again with no traffic on approach and no one taking off and no one down field, and was told to hold short. Then I requested again a couple minutes later and they said “please see user guide…” like wtf I just wanted to take off from a controlled airport on my way east to DEN

1 Like

As long as you provide your replay with the initial message to appeals, they are typically pretty quick responding to these, usually not more than one day. Typically if there is no warning (“Please follow instructions or you will be reported”) and you didn’t get on guarded, unless you really messed something up the violation should be overturned. I’m not on appeals and obviously havn’t seen the replay so don’t take my word for it, but seems like this should be sorted out for you pretty quickly :)

Also, this event is available on all servers including the Training server and the Casual server, so even if it does not get overturned you will still be able to participate in the event and cast your votes!