Reported for landing on runway 15 at KASE

One of them is an Expert ATC @GHamsz

1 Like

Interesting my guess it was an IF group or a group flight reported you or someone really doesn’t know the rules

2 Likes

Improper gangup-reporting deserves a 15 day ban from live altogether.

That’ll put a stop to these vigilante-wannabe’s.

4 Likes

I don’t want anyone to get punished. I just want to highlight what is the proper way of doing things at KASE.

And maybe get this ghost overlooked

5 Likes

You were landing correctly. 15 was the correct runway regardless of red/green. I only see two other aircraft, I am trying to see how you would get three reports to ghost you.

I know you are trying to become IFATC so make a note of this when we look at your stats.

3 Likes

I didn’t report anyone… I noticed most inbounds were using 33, but to double check, I called in for traffic advisories. What came back was 33 right traffic. I flew over the airport, and as I was doing that, I heard someone announce final on 15. There were 2 ahead of me on 33, so the 15 inbound wasn’t an issue for me. Maybe the 2 others on 33 final, and whoever sent 33 advisories reported you. I always follow the advisories that are transmitted, unless multiple conflicting advisories are sent… in that case, I fly away.

1 Like

u shouldn’t get ghosted for doing the right thing. Or i have another information about landing in KASE. Only 15, takes off 33.

I Believe this needs a mod to give a final verdict and see how to handle landings in the future. Cause i would have done same as u, try an approach into 15 and if winds make it impossible, divert to KEGE.

2 Likes

If you look closely you can just about see another aircraft by the zero of the Q400 name tag. But I don’t know who reported me.

Thanks for the support everyone.

1 Like

I was paying attention to my altitude, so I didn’t notice what was going on when the 15 inbound landed. That 33 approach is nuts, first time for me!

1 Like

I was on right downwind in that pic, trying to avoid hat mountain!

2 Likes

It could also have been a bug. It happened to me flying at FL300 with nobody else around.

1 Like

@AdamCallow… There’s no gripe here! The Ghost was due to Peer Reporting.
It’s generated by a machine. As a Regulars you should know better, you’ll find "Sympathy’ in the dictionary between Shite & Syphilis. I suggest you disregard the comments, there Superfluous!

7 Likes

@Maxmustang are you aware that Adam was actually in the right. 15 is used for landings and 33 for departures. Regardless of wind conditions Its a one way in one way out airport that has special departure and and arrival procedures.

http://www.aspenairport.com/operating-procedures/approach-departure

First of all: good on you for posting this and for trying to learn from this.

As said already, you were using an inactive runway. Apart from that, looking at the airport you are approaching it should be clear that runway you are trying to land on is not in use; the opposite runway may have a plane holding short and another one on final.

There may well be rule that whoever reports final first, has the right of way, but I do not think we should work that rule. Every pilot approaching an airport needs to check what the runway in us is, and use it.

Clearly other pilots had decided you were behaving badly and they decided to Report you. After 3 Reports you are automatically ghosted. For you, that was bad news.

In general I think it’s good that pilots are reporting misbehaving pilots. And yes, there is a risk that the 3 reporting pilots have it wrong…

Happy flying!

1 Like

Behind all the mess here, I think that IF should have realistic runway options like this.

1 Like

Red isnt inactive, just points a tailwind and a plane holding short on 33 is actually correct.

Aspen is a one way airport. Departs 33 and lands 15.

3 Likes

@N1DG. MaxSez: it makes no difference if he was right or wrong at this point,
Peer Reporting of an unknown nature generated the violation. It appears Aspin was uncontrolled at the time and all concerned where on Unicom. Don’t know what the indound on 33’s story is. But if Adam noted the 33 conflict, prudence dictated a go around, Final Call on Unicom is not a cleared to land as in a controlled situation. The See & be Seen rule is clear. When in doubt bail out.
Unfortunate but lesson learned.

just because a runway is in red does not mean its inactive. landing traffic has the right away over any other traffic as they are the lowest and are the least maneuverable. As someone you has flown into Aspen theres always traffic holding 33 while traffic lands 15. therefore. the only person in the wrong is the guy who reported him, he was strictly following real life procedure

5 Likes

With all respect, I saw you were in Civil Air Patrol that’s great but as I said 15 at Aspen is for arrivals and 33 is departures only. Neither one was wrong except the group. the people how reported need to learn procedure before reporting as no crime was commited. Argue the point you want but its not going to change. sorry to tell you but your wrong. 15 was correct for landing and should have let landing traffic go first. landing traffic has priority when it comes to airport operations.

3 Likes