Replay issue

Just wanted to reach out and see if anybody else has had a similar issue. Now mind you, I’m running an iphone8+ 256gb and my game runs without issue.

Today I was breezing through some replay video, attempting to get some quality screenshots from a late night hop last night. However when the video started my plane raised up off the tarmac and started flying backwards. It was somehow gradually taking off in reverse. At one point it backed up far enough that it went into a mountain and suddenly dropped. All I could see was my plane that looks like it was falling away from me into a giant black hole. Eventually the plane back out of the other side of the mountain and cHowever when the video started my plane raised up off the tarmac and started flying backwards. It was somehow gradually taking off in reverse. At one point it backed up far enough that it went into a mountain and suddenly dropped. All I could see was my plane that looks like it was falling away from me into a giant black hole and shrank. Eventually the plane backed out of the other side of the mountain and continued flying and increasing elevation. 🤦‍♂️

1 Like

That’s weird. Have you received any connection issues during your flight and/or replay?

None at all

According to your logs the system says that your flight has been disconnected for about 400 seconds. You must’ve removed the picture before I typed this out.

As @Kuba_Jaroszczyk said it is most likely a connection issue.

Here are some things to check if it a issue on your device or a bug,

1.) Restart the APP
2.) Try on a Different Device
3.) Reinstall the APP
4.) Try on a Different Network such as 4G

That should help. If you replicate the issue make sure to let us know in the Thread.

You can’t view a replay on a different device. It could just be corrupted. As the OP was disconnected for an extended period of time. @GhostRyder i’d just see if it does this with another replay. If not, then @Kuba_Jaroszczyk stated the main issue probably. Or it could be the 400 seconds you were disconnected. Skip to half way through the replay and if it still has issues, try another if the issue still continues then we can go from there.

1 Like

Happens to me sometimes.

I usually just exit the replay and then enter again and it would fix itself automatically.

Does this happen all the time you enter this specific replay file?

I meant try and see if the ‘Error’ is on a different device as such

Tried restarting and it didn’t fix the disconnect warning.

Still makes no sense. Replays from one device don’t go to a different device. It only records on one device doesn’t record/transfer to the account.

Have you tried skipping ahead in a the replay? or try a different replay?

1 Like

you know there is a way to share a replay to another device right

Mhm, i do. But if it’s doing that in the replay, just transferring the same data/file will not change anything.

i understand. for now we shall find solace in the fact that despite all the problems we sometimes face, Infinite Flight is still less ridden with bugs and glitches than several other flight simulators, even the big names out there.

We don’t know. If the cause was the replay itself, then it probably won’t change. If it’s the problem with the internet that’s effecting the replay, then it might work on another Device.

I think I know, it happens if the game was paused at any point, was this a solo flight?

I tried skipping ahead but all it did was cause me to go barreling backwards through the mountains even faster. I checked my other replays and they seem good. I guess it’s just a random corrupted file.
Had 4g LTE and WiFi at the time with connections I checked through a speed test as well

Mainly just wanted to share so the infinite flight team was aware. Thanks for the response folks, y’all have been very welcoming to the NFG.

Thanks

This was a hop I did last night before bed. Had no real time connection issues and I only paused the flight once about 30 minutes into the flight.

Yeah sorry, I know it doesn’t follow IFC standards so I removed it. It was almost like something locally to the game went crazy. Some how an internal communication issue or corrupt file within the replay maybe idk. None of my other replays are doing it so I’m not too worried about it, just trying to help out the IF team.

There is nothing wrong with that picture you have removed. You can also share your replay file at www.sharemyinfiniteflight.com so we could all see what really happened. Good that the staff is looking after the issue. 👍

1 Like