Repeating previous requests after controller change?

Dear IFATCs,
Do I have to repeat previous requests ( e.g. taxi request ) after a controller change to be „back in your action queue or is the status, order, etc transferred across to the new controller? Just wondered since it just happened at EGLC and I repeated my taxi request after the controller change was done and ground was back online. Was that right or unnessasary?

3 Likes

You have to repeat previous requests, because the new controller does not see the previous conversation. When the controllers are changing, they just tell to each other who was cleared to land, so if you were cleared to land by the previous controller, you dont need to repeat this. But the you need to repeat the pushback or taxi requests.

1 Like

Copied. Thanks for that clarification.

1 Like

If you’ve already been cleared, you can maintain your movement.

If you were not approved, then you need to ask again.

(For example, if my last act before I leave was to grant you taxi permission, that stands. If I held your position on pushback because someone was behind you, the other controller can’t see that, so you’d have to ask again.)

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.