Repeatedly ignored by atc

Hi, can someone help me please? I’ve just been ignored by atc for the third time today. Earlier on ground I’d requested pushback and they didn’t answer despite that there was no one behined me and it was all clear and other planes that requested pushback after I had were getting clearance before me. So I requested again and he told me to avoid sending Duplicate messegas and ignored me again so I had to leave.

And now I contacted approach and they ignored me and did pretty much the same thing before going offline. So I contacted the other approach and they also ignored me.

Can someone help please?

3 Likes

it is FNF the biggest event of the week, ATC are busy just be patient and please dont spam frequency!
Cign :D
ATC officers are highly trained and trust me… not doing it on purpose…

10 Likes

But this is happening almost daily to me :(

2 Likes

Hello! What airport are you at? Depending on traffic, there may be a gate hold in effect.

3 Likes

that’s life
how long are you normally waiting for?

5 Likes

About 15 minutes every time before I decide to leave

1 Like

Orlando today, but this is happening a lot not just on fnf

1 Like

MCO definitely has a gate hold in effect right now

5 Likes

after 5 mins you are allowed to re-request pushback and start, did ATC send you any commands (e.g: hold position or nothing?)

4 Likes

No, they didn’t say anything, as I said it was clear behind me so I don’t know why they weren’t clearing me

1 Like

If you have an issue with a controller(s), you can send them a PM to discuss it further, about any issues you have faced.

I’m sure you can appreciate, the servers are extremely busy as of late. So there will be unexpected delays.

5 Likes

very odd… perhaps they could not see you, hows your WIFI etc…

EDIT: at this point just contact the controller, i dont know the full situation!

3 Likes

No I’m using my unlimited 4g which I’ve never really had a issue with

1 Like

Check ATIS and see what it says.

Please be patient. In a FNF there are tons of aircraft and the controller may have to hold people at the gate to allow for traffic to navigate the airport

5 Likes

the controller did not say anything to him though…

2 Likes

if ATIS has a gate hold, the controller is not obliged to respond with hold position

6 Likes

yes but the controller would have said check ATIS frequency i believe…

2 Likes

That’s the thing. If they told me to hold or something then fine, but they said nothing

1 Like

he is connected to the live server however or he would not see other planes…

2 Likes

yes, they should, but atis and ground are two different people right now, and sometimes, ground is prioritizing getting aircraft that are already started off the ramp, before dealing with parked aircraft.

2 Likes