Remove-A-Feature for Better Performance

Hi everyone and welcome to my newest request.

I recently did a flight on my trusty iPhone 6S, 10 hours with a 77W. I noticed that things like the live cockpit, cabin, make my performance drop (FPS, device heat). This doesn’t occur on aircraft like the 787 and others without live cockpits or cabins, etc.

So what about a feature that allows us to take out what will get us a better experience? I am proposing and idea that will let us do just that.

How would it work?

My idea is that it would be tick boxes in the settings section of the app. Options such as “Live Cockpit” and “Cabin” will be enabled by default, but able to be “unticked”.

Another idea is that it is available in the “Misc.” menu on our UI. Then we don’t have to go to settings at all. This would only really work with the live instruments, and you can just turn them on and off.

Why is this needed?

A lot of the community isn’t… well… rich. Some of us don’t have the top notch devices, and as the realism and epic ness of the sim increases, our performance can’t come along with it.

I think this is a good idea to help maintain the lives of these devices and save the customers more money (not having to buy a new device).

Thanks for looking!

I actually have the same issue, it’s just laggy when I see a 777 or when I am in a 777. Even though I still have a good performance on high settings but still you know it’s just laggy! (My device: Samsung Galaxy A50)

6 Likes

I also have an issue with the live cockpits and cabins with my iPhone 5s. Sounds like an awsome idea :)

5 Likes

This is a great idea! Sadly I don’t have any more votes.

2 Likes

Great idea! I kinda have the same issues, I’m always playing in my 2018 iPad Pro and I’ve never had lag issues, but always that I’m doing a takeoff or landing in the 777 it overheats and my frame rate goes super low and it literally drains my battery… hope we can receive a little help with that:)

4 Likes

Yes, I’ve always thought about this feature! I want to get rid of the pilots and the cabin because I don’t need that and I don’t want to render the extra stuff.

5 Likes

You’re getting my vote for this. I think it’s a great idea, and one that I personally wanted for a while. Understandably newer devices have the hardware to run the new features that the devs add but for people with older gen devices it hurts us in return. I would rather lose some small features here n there to keep some graphics quality higher up.

2 Likes

That device had relatively good performance and it sucks that’s such a new device can be impacted like that in infinite flight especially the cost of the device. I think this is an amazing idea, because infinite flight can take a real hit on battery life, and other unwanted effects.

1 Like

This is definitely one of the best and most useful feature requests that exists on this forum!

3 Likes

great idea

2 Likes

During lockdown back in April/May I had to replace my 2018 iPad Pro for just these reasons. The A350 wouldn’t work and I just couldn’t reliably fly any long haul flight whatsoever without lowering everything, aircraft count to zero and panning up to the overhead panel in the cockpit as was advised by IF at the time.

Admittedly I was lucky enough to be able to afford myself a new iPad Pro which has no issues. But I can totally get this request and why it would benefit so many users. Although sadly I doubt it’d ever get adopted, I still wish you every luck with this request!!

2 Likes

Its a good concept in theory. Having a plane with a cabin vs empty will only have an impact when you are on that specific internal camera. If you are on HUD for example having live instruments or a cabin does not make the app perform better or worse. With the introduction of project metal there may be some more streamlined graphics processes which may have a positive impact to your device.

2 Likes

in farness though and i do agree with you on what your saying but you can pick up a iPhone 8 or x fairly inexpensively now. my main phone is the iphone xs and its super smooth. now i understand you may have way important considerations than buying a new phone esp in these difficult times but look around for good deals. happy xmas to you and a fantastic new year

AL

1 Like

So then is it just the higher-polygon rendering?

If it is, where is it sucking all of my performance out of? Because something like the 787 or MD-11 is nearly as detailed as the 777, but I don’t have issues with them.

2 Likes

Maybe the physics or something? I really have no idea how it works.

1 Like

I’m gonna bump this, I see this as something a lot of people will benefit from.

To be fair that means sacrificing features for some performance, but I’m personally alright with that, and I’m sure others are too.

1 Like

I’m a fan of anything that provides the user the most control. 👍

5 Likes

Big fan of this feature as a 6s user

2 Likes

Great idea!

2 Likes

you have my vote for sure!

2 Likes