Remembering the Fallen

Hey everyone,

Today 76 years ago the following countries below stormed multiple beaches to save France from the Germans.

Australia, Belgium, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, France , Greece, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Poland.
Each and every person who stormed a beach during D-day is a hero. They stormed a beach with no cover. They all did it with a purpose, and that was to keep us safe in our country.
I made this topic because my great grandpa was a soldier who was rushing Omaha beach. I didn’t get to meet him because he died in the line of duty while fighting in the battle of the bulge.
But I got to talk to his comrades. I never heard a better story from them.
We can’t owe anyone who rushed those beaches, or anyone who served during the time of WWII because they did something so huge that we wouldn’t be able to repay them.But what we can do is to say thank you. Saying thank you to a soldier is one of the best things you can do. Ask any Veteran/Soldier. As a person who loves stories, if you want to hear the stories of what it was like as a soldier to rush a beach during D-day please Dm me.

27 Likes

Gone but never forgotten!

12 Likes

Thank you for your service… You will never be forgotten.

2 Likes

Thank you soldier
Thank you for your service
Thank you for your dedication towards other people’s freedom
Thank you for opbouw fighting
We wouldn’t be free without you
Thank you soldier, from the bottom of my heart

This should never get forgotten. Freedom is very special and not every country has it, so take a moment to appreciate that you live in freedom.
Don’t make something normal that isn’t normal

6 Likes

Beautiful post. In times like these, I feel as though we need to remember that we as a society, and a globalized people, are stronger together. We are forever in debt of the brave men who lost their lives 76 years ago today. God bless.

2 Likes

I am sad because at one point in my life there won’t be anymore WWII soldiers.

2 Likes

Luckily, we live in an age where we can digitally record these hero’s stories, and keep their heroism alive forever. This is something that’s really never been done before in the history of man. So really, they will never, ever be forgotten.

2 Likes

They gave their today for our tomorrow

2 Likes

I added this message in late but, If you guys want to hear the stories from my dads comrades please dm me. They want everyone to know what it was like.

1 Like

If we go in to another world war. Fight for the soldiers who lost their future so we can have a bright future. Those men who died wanted a son. They wanted a future also.

1 Like

You never know who you’re talking to when you talk to a vet. If they don’t tell their stories, and you don’t listen, it will be forgotten. I randomly met and started talking to a WWII vet a few years ago at a car wash, and because I I told him I was in the Corps, he started telling me amazing stories. As it turns out, he was the interpreter to General Patton on his March through Germany!! We really need to actively listen to them so they are not forgotten, and so we can properly honor them.

2 Likes

They know more than us. They know what it was like to be in Hell. They ran right through Hell for our freedom.

1 Like

Now it is our turn.The WWII veteran’s had their turn in WWII.But it’s our turn to do what it is right for our country.

1 Like

As a WW2 collector myself I’m always busy with remembering history.
That’s why I’m very pleased with seeing this topic @Josh_Smith.
We shouldn’t forget these heroes!
I myself live in Holland and whithout the heroes from the US, Canada, Britain and all the other countries that took part I wouldn’t live in the freedom as seen today.
So I am very very thankfull for al those heroes that sometimes came from thousands of miles away to run on the beaches on the 6th of june 1944 just to liberate a continent most of them had never seen.
Lest we Forget!

1 Like

Don’t thank me @Jelmer_de_Vries1 thank my great grandpa’s comrades. They were the ones who motivated me to make this topic.

1 Like

To think, if one man wasn’t there, if they were even seconds late, if they never went. We could be in a completely different world unrecognizable to anyone. We are forever grateful to those men who have their lives in this battle

1 Like

Lest We Forget

Very true!

@Daniel14 thanks for that.

1 Like