Remembering San Clemente [with new poll]

Hey guys,
Just saw one of those posts on the community on the community about when people joined infinite flight, at it completely became a series of flashbacks to the “good old days”. To me, those are the days before global. Before a flight could last longer than fourth five minuets. Back to the days in which a little tiny airport, San Clemente, (KNUC) , truly became something special. It was a hub of the SoCal server, and the little island airport still holds a place in my heart, being this was my favorite airport before global. I’m making this post, just for fun, to see old IF pics and stories, about the little island airport we know and love. If this post gets enough attention, I might open up KNUC on training server just for fun (not a #live:events). I think it’s important to reflect on the past. So let’s just hear some stories and see some pics back in the glory days of KNUC

Did you fly do KNUC before global?

• Yes, I did
  • No, I didn’t

0 voters

Brandon

9 Likes

Oh yay! I’m not the only one who remembers this.

6 Likes

Even though it was really overcrowded, man was it fun.

2 Likes

I dont have any picks but i remember it being the first place i flew on multiplayer and watching the chaos unfold in front of me

1 Like

Remember how your first flight went?😂

1 Like

I think I was using my dads Ipad and i crashed within the first five minutes

I remember I think it was my first live airport and I remember doing ok until came into land and didn’t actually realize that you needed to slow down… Man that was a while ago. Now the landings are all butter!

1 Like

I think I was using my dads Ipad and i crashed within the first five minutes. I also remember jets flying everywhere

1 Like

Oh I too remember the days of a gazillion A380s piling into each other at KNUC 😂🤣

2 Likes

I didn’t have multiplayer in these days… only got it after Global was released. Never got to witness the KNUC madness :(

1 Like

It was so much fun! The best was the little apron that would spawn big planes sometimes 5 all on top of each other. (Before such limits existed)

3 Likes

so true, half the time you could even see your own plane

1 Like

Aww man you were missing out! It was crazy. Planes from all of the major SoCal airports would either depart or arrive too San Clemente.And that was when you had roughly 300 planes all in the SoCal area. You can imagine how crazy it was

2 Likes

At that time there were four servers right?

1 Like

The second training server i think

1 Like

I don’t remember how many servers but it was based on location. You had a NorCal, SoCal, Chicago, New York, London and Singapore. Maybe one more I’m forgetting not sure…

2 Likes

I remember I used to control app/twr/grnd there. What a mess lol.

2 Likes

Nobody listened! The best was when the most amount of spacing you’d get was maybe 1 NM of separation. I had to use the make a 360 button a lot. Doesn’t mean they ever did though…

3 Likes

I remember San Clemente my first live flight was KLAX-KNUC with an American Airlines A321 and yes it was very chaotic

2 Likes

It sure was one of my pre-global favorites, maybe I should do touch & goes there sometime.

1 Like