Remaining in the pattern!

now that I finally have your attention, those who just bothered to check this after having me tell you a thousand times to ‘check help pages’ which has hopefully brought you here directly or not.

NEVER EVER EVER SIMPLY SAY ‘remaining in the pattern’ when all you really want is to take off! Don’t be bloody lazy, and tell ATC which direction you are departing! If ATC says, ‘no pattern work’ use your bloody brain and think, what could that possibly mean? Don’t keep monkey fingering the same darn remaining in the pattern message because the last thousand brainless playground ATCs couldn’t be bothered correcting you and sent you on your merry way.

Remaining in the pattern is ONLY if you are planning to do touch and goes or fly around the airport in a giant blasted circle. And ONLY if the ATC says it’s OK!

I am sick of this issue. It is the one thing that really gets on my nerve. I know this has been said numerous times, I just want to open a new card and keep this one fresh. How about a ‘dunce’ feature that explains this message to those annoying, ignorant, lazy pilots, that just keep requesting, ‘remains in the pattern’ like retarded parrots without ever having bothered to read help pages or posts like this! Please don’t respond just read, have a laugh in sympathy, and leave it there to embarrass and shock those who discover it after their own frustration in not getting take off clearance from me for this request.
TO ALL PLAYGROUND ATC’S: you too stop being lazy! If you are not doing pattern work, tell the ‘no pattern work!’ And don’t clear them for take off until they ask for a departure! If they keep requesting a remaining in the pattern, tell the to CHECK HELP PAGES, then ignore them until they do! Because every time you clear them you are confirming that bad takeoff request. If you are spoon feeding them you are not teaching them how to eat, you are simply teaching the shape of the bloody spoon!

There said… Sorry

25 Likes

:’) You’re brill

1 Like

That just made my day :’)

1 Like

I guess those people don’t know what “Remaing in the pattern” means.

1 Like

Now that is a quality rant. I applaud you sir, and broadly agree too.

6 Likes

Why thank you Sir. Thoroughly appreciated! 🙏

1 Like

Thinking about it some more (quiet day at work!) I reckon there should be a ‘Transmogrify’ option when you’re running ATC. (See Calvin and Hobbes for the ref) Highlight the offending pilot, hit the Transmogrify button and it transforms them into the animal of your choice. Preferably something daft looking like a Platypus or a Hippo or Tapir.

4 Likes

This is where @Maxmustang’s ‘return to gate’ button would apply… Eventually these peanuts just taxi onto the runway in front of aircraft on short final and takeoff because they aren’t getting what they want!

4 Likes

LOL! an educated response. Finally! Again, thank you.

2 Likes

‘Peanuts’ that’s a little complimenting isn’t ? LOL

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Yep, have to agree there. Looks like another thousand refusals for take off clearance is on the cards. At least I got my ‘snarl’ out there, huh?

2 Likes

Agreed! But only to those who are ‘mutually intelligible’. There’s one for your dictionaries. LOL!

1 Like

@Snarling_Raven… Dieter, your the man! Take no Prisoners! “Return to Parking” it’s already programmed, just copy it from the Crash Segment and plug it into the ATC menu’s Developer, it’s a " No Brainer". Mad Max Sends

3 Likes

I remember hearing your recurring message to check the help pages. And by recurring I mean it repeated about 7 times in a row - unsure if you spammed it or there’s a bug.

Another thing I noticed; I was on long final (and had be cleared to land #1), another plane cut in front of me who you cleared to land as #1, and then when I was on short final I was told I was in active airspace and to contact approach… It was playground, so I ignored it. But yeah.

1 Like

Yeah, I think I remember that, sorry, it got crazy fast and having to deal with distractions like that meant I lost track of who was where. And sometimes you hit an aircraft at the same time an incoming request happens and you end up sending out a message to the wrong plane. I wish the message pane would ‘lock’ when you select a craft and not shift to the newest message. Another thing I would like, and have mentioned before is the ability to colour code aircraft in my screen. That would have prevented that. As for the 7 check help pages, three of them were deliberate, again apologies, the other four were not. Again I would like a command lock to prevent that. Then again, had I been able to tag, mute, ignore, bump, push, boot, blast those idiots from my Airspace you would have had a fantastic experience. You see it effects everyone. Also, have a heart buddy there was so many aircraft on the ground and in the air coming in from all sides with half if them not following instructions my job as ATC was extraordinarily taxing. But yeah whatever. As for cutting in, I hate them too. But what can you do?, clear them, clear the ground and tell them they have the mental acuity of a common household brick! I am sorry you had to experience the very tail end of my ATC session. Just before that I was about to open a topic praising just how fantastic the new ATC controls were and how excellent everything was. Then… ‘The clowns sent themselves in’. aaaarrrrrgh Lol

4 Likes

All good mate, I’m not having a dig or anything. Like I said, it was Playground so I didn’t really care as I just continued my approach (which may have pissed you off more lol). I for one couldn’t stand doing ATC, because I can recognise the huge amounts of pressure you’re under to make fast decisions and keep things flowing smoothly :)

Thanks Gray, mate, you’re a legend. I respect the honesty.

1 Like

@Snarling_Raven ATC flight strip panel definitely needs to ‘lock’ like you said. Happens all the time to me, you go to press a certain flight strip, it moves a split second before you hit it, and you’ve now selected the wrong aircraft. If you happen to realise, it’s very time consuming going back to find the one you’re after

And finally someone who understands my pain! You have no idea how many times I have threatened to smash my iPad off the wall and bash my head because of this! It pissed me off so many times that I stopped doing ATC on playground, period!

One day these 2 year olds will learn to Feed there bloody selves and not winge to ATC because they didn’t get their own way and then threw the toys out of the cot! Common sense and logic is a characteristic that’s applied to everyday life but it seems like IF is an exception way beyond our control!

1 Like