'Remaining in the pattern' issue

My issue is people continously pressing taking off remaining in the pattern and they then leave my airspace.

For example, today I was towering KSAN and so many pilots said they were remaining in the pattern but they end up leaving my airspace to another airport.

I know it may seem like a small problem but it’s sooo annoying. More pilots need to be taught the differnce between ‘remaining in the pattern’ & ‘departing’

4 Likes

Sorry to be frank but you’re preaching to the choir by posting on this forum. The people who don’t know this just play IF as a game.

5 Likes

This is a big problem, on advanced too! We are working on a solution:)

4 Likes

cant u send help pages ?

Yes but does anyone check them? Maybe I’ve had two people ask me recently why I told them to check the help pages. Perhaps we need to use it more offen

4 Likes

Maybe who should put that? And what does departing have to do with VFR? @EdT

Sorry, just trying to help! :-)

I just didn’t understand what you were trying to say.

I was thinking maybe they could add to the ‘Remaining in the Pattern’ and ‘Departing’ functions so new users could understand what they mean better.

1 Like

By giving a little description in brackets next to them

2 Likes

Oh I gotcha that could help

1 Like

Yeah I like that idea; it would probably help:)

1 Like

I’ve seen controllers (even on advanced) tell people to “check help pages” if they depart the airport traffic pattern after saying “remaining in the pattern” prior to takeoff. You can if you want, but I normally don’t say anything, especially if I’m busy.

1 Like

Different strokes for different fokes I always correct if correction is needed.

1 Like

I use that a real lot. One little mistake I send that.

2 Likes

I’ve noticed because you’ve controlled me before. I probably should be more strict myself when I control. I give too many chances to people. I do correct though, don’t get me wrong. But it’s called the advanced server for a reason. So I do what I need to do to correct people.

1 Like

Me to Carson remaining in the pattern but not - check help pages
Right traffic turn left- check help pages
On downwind call inbound on the ILS-check help pages
Flying VFR in a 737 check help pages
And so on 😂
It stays on the quick tab quiete frequently

1 Like

When someone is inbound on the ILS and I can see it on the screen on the right, and they send inbound for land
“Check help pages”

1 Like

My favorite is when they call downwind at 7,000 ft and are outside the airspace 😂

1 Like

I love when they just report their position and don’t even call inbound. Like "don’t even tell me what to do. I’m landing no matter what you have to say about it"😂

2 Likes