Rejected Topics Idea

Hi everyone!

As you all know, Real World Aviation and Features topics must be reviewed by moderators or staff.

More often than not, they’re accepted. Sometimes, they’re rejected. At this time, we do not receive correspondence regarding the rejection.

I was wondering why it isn’t a thing to send off a brief PM to the OP, with maybe a one sentence explanation of the reason for the rejection. It could be as simple as “too many pictures.”

Is this something that could be implemented in the future? Is there some reason that it hasn’t already been done?

Do you have any thoughts/feeeback?

2 Likes

This would actually be good to note, I stopped making trip reports because one was denied, my assumption is because it was quite negative as my experience with the airline was just apalling. Barely a 1/10. But I did follow community guidelines. So would be interested to hear the reason for deny. I think this idea would be quite good!

2 Likes

I have gotten an explanation for one of my features topics before

2 Likes

Interesting. It doesn’t seem to be a standard practice though.

2 Likes

I have never had a feature topic rejected but I have heard others say with features that they got an explanation too. But have not heard for Real World Aviation topics.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t that mean we should have more freedom of speech if that is the reason they denied it?

6 Likes

Well I was never given an explanation, that was just my assumption. I do admit it was very very negative…

1 Like

But it was still an honest (presumably) and realistic portrayal of the airline.

2 Likes

It was but I know the IFC like to keep positive

2 Likes

And only a personal opinion

3 Likes

In this regard I don’t understand why it’s set like this. I mean we should have the freedom to request anything in the game and to share anything regarding real world aviation without it having to be sent to someone to approve of it. I mean the forum is meant for people 13+ so I think they can give us some more freedom. I get it for people who are TL1 but TL2 should be able to post without approval. I mean it feels like we have no freedom on here because of that and a few more things I won’t get into.

4 Likes

Too positive honestly, its not really a review then if negative reviews would be rejected

3 Likes

Exactly. And I think it’s safe to say that @BP-Aviation was not getting paid or influenced in any other way than his personal experience to portray the carrier like that.

3 Likes

Again, I could be wrong but I do not know what else could have been flagged.

3 Likes

And if he was so what. That would be his responsibility to deal with the partnership or the contract or however it would work.

4 Likes

I mean, more than happy to send you the short version privately and let you have your own opinion haha

1 Like

If you want to, I’d be delighted to read it!

1 Like

From what I see in modern day reviewing and moderation along with customer service, literally anything could be flagged. I personally never got flagged on any of my TRs but I find it weird that moderators would flag my feature requests and thus not approve it, but then accept another “unhelpful” topic just to later close it down.

2 Likes

I never agreed so much with a statement @Pilot_InfiniteFlight , IFC mods are also not really going to know if it is sponsored or not unless you typed in the fact that “This review is sponsored” almost nothing is sponsored in IFC directly to members.

4 Likes

Will send through now, if anyone else wants just pm me.

1 Like