Rejected takeoff

Exactly. It’s near impossible to tell who’s lying and who’s telling the truth and this scenario. You also can’t interrogate someone or use a polygraph, so if we were to implement this feature, there would have to be a lot more thought and strict boundaries in regards to how IFATC would enforce it. Pilots would also need strict guidelines as well.

1 Like

I don’t think you as ATC could really initially determine authenticity or intent but adding a proccedure to follow after the Pilots announcement (not unlike a missed approach) and tracking that plane back to the gate would help reduce a Pilot just wanting to do this for fun. Maybe as ATC sees this its adding more to the workload that is already stressed , I can’t comment.
But issuing a violation for not following ATC and proccedure after the Rwy exit would help.
It is a real world issue.

I definitely agree with this.
There have been so many times (ok… not that many but still occasionally) where I am taking off and I’m rolling and my rudder over corrects and I decide to reject due to a wobbly T/O, luckily never around ATC but if so It’d be good to be able to express what happened

I absolutely agree with the strict guidelines. You have to look at it this way to: I doubt people would use it at busy hubs due to the long waiting time to take off so for them to reject take off and then rejoin the queue for whatever reason would be quite useless for them. But that’s just my opinion.

1 Like

THANK YOU someone came in handy,

1 Like

Plus once people get to know the feature better, maybe it’ll be a dream and rarely trolling happens. I featured this just because it could be a nice/realistic feature to help us with flights and if we forgot to start the 2nd engine or something

2 Likes

Yes I realized, I also said sorry because I heard it in a wrong way.

1 Like

create a panel with fuel information and fuel time,etc. should the pilot have enough fuel or engine power or whatever the case is, they can be ghosted

2 Likes

When I used to reject takeoff I used to say “I’m sorry” and it would be awkward lol

1 Like

you can still do rejected takeoffs without actually saying anything just stop the plane and exit the runway then ATC will say exit runway etc

On the ATC end I’ll usually just use “cancel takeoff clearance”. Pilots will typically be able to understand that. However I think it would be pretty cool to see on the pilots end. I just hope it wouldn’t be abused, especially at a busy hub airport. I wouldn’t want every other aircraft rejecting takeoff.

1 Like

yeah but irl and you would be focusing on stopping the plate, wouldn’t make sense to give out a well developed reason for your course of actions. they don’t explain why they are doing it while they are doing it

We definitely need this, once on takeoff I accidentally pressed my throttle lever to 0. It was a short runway so I had to reject it. People worry about trolls doing it, but wouldn’t it be the same with missed approaches? If they don’t add this then controllers shouldn’t have a problem with pilots stopping on the runway.

I do understand the abusing power and yes, that is a con of this feature.

1 Like

Please, add this to the next ATC update, it is a very useful command :)

I don’t think ATC needs to know why you are rejecting takeoff, I think they just need to know that you are rejecting takeoff, so they can get you off the runway as quickly as possible for any planes that may be behind you awaiting takeoff, or making a final approach.

I had to do this before and luckily it wasn’t at a controlled airport.
I was rolling down the runway in a B767 and I started to try and rotate and it wasn’t going up, meanwhile I am continuing to increase speed… then I realized that crap I forgot to calibrate the plane. Needless to say that was a quick stop. But had atc been there it would have been a possible report.

Let’s refrain from having fun stuff because trolls

We ought to try at least.

Just found this topic and I have decided to give it a bump because of the new auto break feature. It seems ATC will give you commands and not report but this would streamline the process

1 Like

I often use “Missed Approach” and get told to exit the runway and contact ground for another taxi clearance

1 Like