regulations for C-130

Does it have to follow the 250 KIAS below 10kft thing? it’s military aircraft but it’s a transporter.
(You shouldn’t even be climbing at that speed because you don’t have a diffuser anyways)

1 Like

No, the speed restriction for the 130 is removed below 10K.

1 Like

Military aircraft such as the Fighter Jets & C130s do not have speed restrictions below 10k ft. But do keep in mind that when you are in or near an active airspace manned by ATC that you should abide by these speed restrictions.

5 Likes

How about KC-10?

1 Like

That’s up for interpretation, isn’t it?

The KC10 is bound but the 250kt rule. That falls under the airliner category.

3 Likes

To add to what Deer said:

If you don’t maintain safe speed in our Airspce, and do not follow warnings give, a ghost can a cure for it.

Fighter Jets are fun to fly! But they have rules just like other Aircraft too 😉

1 Like

I usually inbound at 270 KIAS in a throttle off glide because that is my best glide speed. Is that reasonable?

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ll ghost you for 20 over, especially when you have the potential to be inbounding at 500, lel

2 Likes

If you’re in our Airspace at or around 250Kts, then you’ll be fine

2 Likes

I’d say don’t push it past 300kts and you’ll be fine. 🙂

4 Likes

inbound at 500 knots in a fighter, how to slow it down in time?

2 Likes

You’d have to lift up to lose Air speed, or go around and come in at a lower speed the second time

2 Likes

I guess I am fine at arrivals, how about departures? Twin engine departure for F-14 can go above mach 1 pretty soon, is that fine?

I’d say hold your current altitude and bleed the speed off

1 Like

If there aren’t any departures in your path and you aren’t getting in anyone’s way, I don’t see why not

1 Like

So is it correct that expert controllers shall give me extra room to accelerate when I depart?

1 Like

If you’re flying during FNF and there’s a line of 15 planes ahead of you, i wouldn’t recommend flying past all of them, but if not, I don’t see why not

1 Like

I shouldn’t be flying with FNF these days anyway since TBM is flooding the entire simulator :)
Thanks for answering my questions BTW.

1 Like

No. After departure, if said pilot goes above 400 ish KIAS in towers airspace or approaches airspace near arrivals(any below FL180) will most likely meet a ghost. Fly like an airliner until above that FL180 mark.
You may get lucky if there are no aircraft near you, but still to be safe, it’s best to not do mach 1 at 4000 feet.
-IFATC controller

1 Like