Registration Mishap Costs Brussels Airlines $1M

A flight to Washington DC (IAD) from Brussels operated by a Brussels Airlines Airbus A330 was diverted to Reykjavik after a pilot realized the aircraft wasn’t correctly registered with the paperwork to land in the United States. The captain and first officer made the decision to turn around and head back to Brussels.
image Credit for pic: https://s30121.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/brussels.png
Confirmed by a few sources, the aircraft was a last-minute replacement for another aircraft that was supposed to operate the flight. The A330 was also a recent acquisition by Brussels Airlines. Each passenger aboard a disrupted flight are entitled to receive accommodation to a hotel, food, and at least $800 in United States Dollars, according to the guidelines set by the EU. The total extra costs after this error was over $1,000,000 USD. Oops.

Source:

8 Likes

Wow poor Brussels and just a easy to make error I bet the pilot is fired 😕

1 Like

Yep, unexpected arrival here in Brussels…

1 Like

Maybe that’s why they sent one of their A330s to my airport to be sacrificed for messing up… 😜

12 Likes

Wow, can you imagine being a passenger then about half way into your flight they say that they are going to go back.

1 Like

I don’t believe this was the pilot’s fault, I’m really not sure, but I think the administration for operations at Brussels Airlines is at fault.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.