Refresh of the IFC

In an effort to make the IFC more transparent and simple to use, we have started a refresh of many areas of the forum to help with these goals. You probably have already seen the changes we made to events, and with this next round, the following changes have been made:

• Added a Guide to the Community - a one stop shop for all the general rules of the forum so that we can keep it up to date more easily and ensure that there aren’t multiple sources (the “About” page of a category will still list any specific rules for that category)
  • Added a topic on Using the Forum - another one stop shop for how to use various features on the forum to help new users get familiar
  • Removal of the #meta:forum-guide sub-category (no longer required with all rules being streamlined)
  • Removal of the #thirdparty:developer sub-category (no longer required now that airport editing is done in-house)
  • Changed the name of the general “About” page to “Team
  • Changed the name of the general “FAQ” page to “About
  • Standardized the majority of the “About” pages for each category

Keep an eye out for more changes coming soon! Thanks

111 Likes

Sounds great

5 Likes

Nice job to make it a lot easier!

3 Likes

Awesome to hear!

2 Likes

This is a super cool change overall, thanks for all the work done!

2 Likes

Great work on the changes!

1 Like

Great Work On the changes!

3 Likes

These changes are great for new users!

2 Likes

now things can be easier for those who are learning!

1 Like

Hello there. Will you be able to help me? There is a question I need to ask you that I don’t/can’t find the answer to. If so, please write me back.
Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to the IFC @InfiniteFlightAndrew, more than happy to answer any questions you have