Refrain from using GIFs

Greetings Infinite Flight Community,
We have recently seen an increasingly amount of GIFs on a few posts and would just like to kindly ask for you not to use them. This is for a couple of reasons:

1. They use precious storage. As a Discourse forum we are limited to a certain amount of space. It’s much more pleasing and useful if you use that space and fill it with awesome pictures from FNFs or group flights, or even your awesome spotting photos.

2. They are annoying. We like to maintain a professional setting here to initiate productive conversation. The use of GIFs give off an immature feel and hinder good discussion.

For the sake of all of use. Please refrain from using such images, because we know you want to keep the forum as healthy as possible. If there is an existing post with a GIF, that is okay, just keep this in mind for the future.

Note: These are okay on your profile background and user card.

67 Likes

I’m in the clear!

12 Likes

Lounge too?

2 Likes

I’ll use your advice in future posts. Good to know this 😄

1 Like

Yes, this too.

3 Likes

What’s the issue if they’re hotlinked?

1 Like

Please delete community members spotted on live and a320 screenshot thread and space will no longer be an issue.

18 Likes

I’m all good, I’ve only used gifs in my profile background.

3 Likes

They’re annoying. The forum looks much nicer without them.

4 Likes

I like them

3 Likes

Nice idea. Can we still use gifs for relevant discussion?

1 Like

The lounge is still part of the community bro.

2 Likes

No, they’re annoying and that’d be too subjective.

4 Likes

Why get rid of the community member spotted thread it brings the community closer together and makes flying on their server more fun, maybe delete all the ones that more then 4 months old ? We can get rid of the A320 screenshot thread and all the duplicate posts on the Funny Aircarft Meme thread !

:)

7 Likes

Let’s just delete AR’s profile.

27 Likes

We could just delete the A320 in general.

2 Likes

Can you please tell me what GIFs are?

Yes you could purge 90% oldest posts and it would still be a ton.

2 Likes

You had your chance but voted against the purge.

5 Likes