Reduced Thrust Take Off Or Full Throttle

Hi all,

I was just wondering how many of you take off with ‘reduced thrust’ as described in a great way by @Clipper747PA in the following post:

How many of you just throttle up all the way?

I try to keep N1 around 91% but I sometimes don’t make it to around 160kts in time.

So that’s why I’m wondering how others prefer to take off.

• Reduced Thrust
  • Full Throttle

0 voters

4 Likes

I usually use 70 power on the 747’s. I don’t exceed 90% in others. I love doing heavy takeoffs (that’s how I call it - using the full length and taking off <3 )

2 Likes

You’re talking about the thrust lever and not N1, right?

I didnt know any of this and have always done full throttle. With this knowledge, im gonna try to use them on my heavier flights!!

1 Like

Since reading about using reduced thrust for take off I try and do that, like to fly realistically where possible. Use about 91% for a heavy take off.

2 Likes

Yes Sir, N1 for the others. and Power for 747’s ;)

2 Likes

I cannot remember the last time I took off with full throttle.

4 Likes

N1 always at 70-75 for me. Only the Denver Region requires full throttle for me sometimes

1 Like

Reduced. Only aircrsft that I will push close to 100 is the 737-900.

2 Likes

I always take off with reduced thrust. It makes it so much more realistic. I do, however, have the occasional full throttle with the A380. ;)

1 Like

If I’m in a rush and I want a quick flight I go on free flight or solo and use full throttle. Other than that it’s always reduced.

2 Likes

I load all my planes up close to MTOW so I use full throttle or 95%. For fighters, I use 60-65% power.

1 Like

I use N1 to 45% before runway threshold and then up to 90% for take off.

2 Likes

Its actually little hard mantaining a certain speed especially when doing a reduced takeoff fromand its a little unrealistic. It just doesnt seem right when you climbing at 160knts, what i mean is by the engines which is going to be devlep in the furture, then your increasing speed then the engines change sound quality.Even though i do it all the time. And plus the speeds is always changing because it when do takeoff the speed races up to 250 and if your to do reduction you would have to kill the speed. It could be because i think the n1 percentage is off but idk.Overall its true but it just seem unrealistic for now

I like to use the whole runway. It makes your take offs more realistic!

I´m pretty sure aircrafts use less than that, maybe half of the runway, or even less.

2 Likes

When I meant the whole runway I don’t actually mean the whole thing. I just mean I don’t turn up my throttle to 100% right when I taxi onto the runway.

That’s highly realistic though…

2 Likes

Is it realistic enough to take off and climb to 10000ft with a speed of 230kts?

Misunderstood your comment, thanks for pointing it up.