Redesigning the liveries of major flag carriers

Hello everyone!
Here we are back with the “Redesigning the liveries of …” Series today and finally, the most advanced and far reached project we have ever done in this series, the Major flag carriers redesign series! This part contains 30 of the world’s major flag carriers. Well, I couldn’t do all the flag carriers because that will be 100+ liveries to redesign. And some weren’t done because of political issues between my country and the others. This took me more than 4 months to complete and during that time, much happened. Some airlines redesigned their liveries during the time I was doing the series. For example, Qantas redesigned it’s livery when the project was being done some liveries where created just from scratch (like the Malaysian Airlines one or the Korean Air one) and some, just modernizations and tweaks to their current livery (like the Qantas one ore the Garuda one). Also, to make it a bit exciting, I tried to use aircraft that were not done in the previous ones. Of course there are some duplicates but most are unique.
So anyways, lets get right to it:
Iran Air:

British Airways:

Emirates:
Thai:

Air New Zealand:

American:

Air France:

Alitalia:

Lufthansa:

Turkish Airlines:

Air Canada:
Air China:
China Airlines:
Air India:
Aeroflot:
Aer Lingus:

Malaysian Airlines:

Garuda Indonesia:

Swiss International Airlines:

Vietnam Airlines:

Korean Airlines:

Qantas:

Japan Air:

Finnair:

Iberia:

LAN Chile:

TAM (LATAM):

KLM:

Austrian Airlines:

South African Airways:
[poll]

• Iran Air
  • British Airways
  • Emirates
  • Thai
  • Air New Zealand
  • American
  • Air France
  • Alitalia
  • Lufthansa
  • Turkish
  • Air Canada
    [/poll]
  • Air China
  • China Airlines
  • Aeroflot
  • Aer Lingus
  • Malaysian
  • Garuda Indonesia
  • Swiss Intl. Airlines
  • Vietnam Airlines
  • Korean Airlines

0 voters

4 Likes

Wow it is clear you spent a lot of time on this …

I personally think Emirates, British Airways and SAA don’t need a livery update. However the Air New Zealand one looks great !

5 Likes

Thanks bro.

1 Like

I’m kind of relieved you didn’t do SIA…

2 Likes

The font choices need a serious rethink.

7 Likes

The worst ones are:
British Airways
Emirates
Air Canada
Air France
Aer Lingus
Air India
American Airlines
China Airlines
Some are pretty nice however, but I think the ones above don’t look nice and the current livery is brilliant as it is

10 Likes

Personally, I don’t like any of these, mainly because they don’t need a new livery, and the fonts you picked. :/

11 Likes

The Iran Air looks similar to the one now

1 Like

Emirates looks Italian but good all the same

1 Like

Most had lots of white on the fuselage. I think painting more fuselage would make the liveries more interesting and eye catching.

5 Likes

I can’t stand that Air Canada one.

3 Likes

Not a fan of any of these besides Turkish

Why is Air Canada black and blue???

4 Likes

The current Air Canada livery is one of the best in the business…no way does it need to change, especially for this…and what is that font for Air India and Garuda?!

1 Like

Plus the skies would be a very boring place if the main colour of all of the fuselages was white (except the Aeroflot one).

How do you do this?

1 Like

BA won’t update their livery any time soon.

Where’s LATAM?

I guess you should consider thinking about the importance of certain symbols on the current liveries, e.g. the Swiss cross in the corporate design of Swiss, the shamrock in the aer Lingus livery or the crane in LH’s design, completely leaving them is something that will probably never happen, they have to be included in a new livery, at least in a altered way.
Furthermore, you should choose other colors, less neon, more decent colors.

I honestly don’t like any of those liveries, they are either too much white or far too much aggressive colors at once

1 Like

I really like the Air New Zealand, Lufthansa, and Finnair liveries you got there.