Red & White Extended Centerlines

Just a quick one, I’m just curious as to why some extended centrelines are red and others white. In the example attached why is RWY 13L centreline red, but RWY 13R is white?

2 Likes

Hello! Red Extended Centerlines means ILS Approach. Meanwhile the white ones means GPS Approach 😉

11 Likes

What’s the difference?

1 Like

image It’s ILS - Instrument landing system

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the information!

2 Likes

In Infinite Flight there’s no really difference.

2 Likes

There is actually. You can’t use the auto land feature that’s one then also, it’s more of a visual approach. Rarely used in low visibility

1 Like

In real life. In Infinite Flight you can autoland (APPR Mode) everywhere you want.

1 Like

Is that for real life or in the sim? What is the difference between the two ( in IF)?

As others have pointed out above. In Infinite Flight basically there are no differences at all. As you can use Autoland for both ILS and GPS Approaches with Autoland (Thanks @skotshi!) . In real life like @Carolina_Taylor said, GPS Approach is rarely used during low visibility as you can’t use the autoland feature ;)

1 Like

Ok, so ILS in IF is only for planes with the APPR feature (although I always use ILS approach but never use APPR)

Actually, your plane doesn’t need to be equipped with Autoland to use ILS Approach. But in low visibility, ILS Approach is more often used than GPS’s. But during normal conditions, both are basically the same. ILS just offer you more guidance to land

1 Like

Contrary to what everyone says the difference between them in IF is an ILS has assured terrain clearance, and the GPS approach does not. Try and fly the GPS approach for 26 in PHNL you will soon find out what I mean by that.

✌️

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.