Red and yellow band across screen during night

Have you tried clearing the scenery cache?

1 Like

No, I will try that

2 Likes

Yeah, I have noticed this too every time i fly during the night

1 Like

I’m gonna be gone for an hour, so don’t expect me to reply

1 Like

I think it could be a rendering bug

1 Like

I believe that this is intentional, the night sky has similar attributes to what you would see in real life. Night colors such as airglow and other factors may be playing apart in the atmospheric rendering in Infinite Flight. There is a common misconception that the night sky has no color or it’s black in color which is untrue. In fact the night sky is riddled with different colors depending on the position of the sun and moon and celestial events. After sunset the orange hue in the sky is more prevalent than any other color in Infinite Flight.

I’m chalking this up as this was intended with how the sky renders in the app by @rgba8

4 Likes

Honestly, I generally fly at night, and I personally have never seen that before, so if that is for realism, then I have doubts

1 Like

It could be a layer of fog and it appears that color because it’s nighttime. I think it would be best answered by a dev. We’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

I’m not sure but I think it may be the light of the moon or sun.

1 Like

I doubt that, considering it lasts all night, not just during no sunrise/sunsets

2 Likes

Now that I’m under 20 000 feet I can’t see the band

1 Like

you’re right, I’ll have to observe a little more

1 Like

I just ran some tests and I too seen the band so I’m still venturing to say that it’s intentional. I also adjust the time a handful of times and the band grew in size as I got closer to morning hours.

iPad Pro 10.5
All settings on high

Dawn

Dusk

Midnight

4 Likes

Hmm, maybe it’s becuase all settings are on high, cause I have all settings on high too

1 Like

I don’t believe so. Could be the false dawn or false dusk scheduled for October 9th.

Let me test with lower settings, and again, this is all the time, not just occasionally

1 Like

I have flown at night and haven’t noticed these bands. (I just flew at night in IF.)

I just tried with lower settings and couldn’t reproduce the issue, maybe it has something to do with anti-aliasing

2 Likes

Hmm… I have IF at highest settings and I don’t have the bands. 🤔

I had them taking off from KPHL. Northeastern seaboard.