Red and yellow band across screen during night

I have no idea if it’s my settings or if it’s something compatibility wise but whenever I fly at night there is a giant red and yellow band across the horizon

I’m on an IPad Air 2 Wifi no cellular

1 Like

Hello!

I would take a moment to tell you you’re not alone on this issue. It’s known as it is all a part of the atmosphere rendering at the moment.

1 Like

Two things come to mine

Aliens

Northern Lights

9 Likes

I think it’s the moon light transitioning from one phase to another. (Correct me if I am wrong.)

2 Likes

That’s a good guess lol

1 Like

It is every time I fly, so I don’t think that’s it

1 Like

Even on full moons?

Yup, even then
Just every time I fly at night

1 Like

Have you tried clearing the scenery cache?

1 Like

No, I will try that

2 Likes

Yeah, I have noticed this too every time i fly during the night

1 Like

I’m gonna be gone for an hour, so don’t expect me to reply

1 Like

I think it could be a rendering bug

1 Like

I believe that this is intentional, the night sky has similar attributes to what you would see in real life. Night colors such as airglow and other factors may be playing apart in the atmospheric rendering in Infinite Flight. There is a common misconception that the night sky has no color or it’s black in color which is untrue. In fact the night sky is riddled with different colors depending on the position of the sun and moon and celestial events. After sunset the orange hue in the sky is more prevalent than any other color in Infinite Flight.

I’m chalking this up as this was intended with how the sky renders in the app by @rgba8

4 Likes

Honestly, I generally fly at night, and I personally have never seen that before, so if that is for realism, then I have doubts

1 Like

It could be a layer of fog and it appears that color because it’s nighttime. I think it would be best answered by a dev. We’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

I’m not sure but I think it may be the light of the moon or sun.

1 Like

I doubt that, considering it lasts all night, not just during no sunrise/sunsets

2 Likes

Now that I’m under 20 000 feet I can’t see the band

1 Like

you’re right, I’ll have to observe a little more

1 Like