Recurring freeze frames

Is it just me, or occasionally during some flights the whole app just freezes for a while and starts again? Happens quite often when I’m on descent or taxiing, and bothers me as it does make the app freeze for quite a bit (50 seconds - 2 minutes). Does anybody know why?

Edit: My graphics are set on high, but my frame rate is very high too. These are just infrequent lag spikes im talking about btw

3 Likes

Could you try lowering your settings as this might reduce the amount of information your device uses, but it happens to me a lot. Also, try restarting your device maybe?

1 Like

Depends where you are flying. If you are flying at a busy airport with less then 2.0 gb of memory, expect lag spikes as they are the framerate. If not then it is probably your settings. As the default settings start high, I reccomend that you lower them

2 Likes

I’ll try restarting, but the others haven’t seemed to work

It is essential to know your device name.

1 Like

Well restarting your device will be a good start, however, I personally I think you might want to reduce the graphics a bit. I hope this helps. If this doesn’t work it could be to do with the amount of storage you have on your device, however, this could free up more space for the IF game. =D

1 Like

I’ve got an iPad air2, 126 GB

Graphics aren’t a problem as my frame rate is quite high and can run like this for a couple hours straight too

1 Like

It might just be the game itself as I have the same problem with the Ipad air 1! =D

1 Like

Hello, is your device charging while been used? The RAM is fine, on ios ram is managed differently so you have enough. After prolonged use, the lack of a heart pipe may cause your device to overheat.

1 Like

My device does not overheat, but while it is charging I leave it on low battery mode for it to fly by itself while I go and do something else

Ahh, so I’m not alone lol

No your not alone! =D

1 Like

I think it may be due to the fact that we are just leaving it to run, however, I have heard that during the flight to put the camera mode to the scenic view to make it run better.

1 Like

Ooh. What would that do?

Certain devices may throttle to half clock speed when charging

RAM really doesn’t matter. Android dumps more system content into ram for faster interface, and Apple doesit differently, so your2 gb of RAM is very sufficient

1 Like

Lol can you please rephrase that?

If you look at the camera view, look for the scenic view.

1 Like

http://cdn.arstechnica.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/iPhone-6-charts.015.png
As you canSee, the chipset throttles after a minute and it’s downhill from there

1 Like

Ah, right I see what you mean