Recreating the Rams 2023-24 Charter Flights!

Whose House? Rams House! NFL Teams may not require many flights for a 3 Preseason Game and 17 Game Season from August to January, however because of the big amount of people required to bring with them is much bigger than any other sport, they often have to use widebody jets instead of narrowbodies like MLB, NHL, or NBA!

Rules

• I will fly the exact routes that were flown by the dodgers (same time of day, aircraft, livery, parking, flight plans, cruising altitude)
  • I will post all flight logs followed by what games were played as a result of this flight and the final score of the games
  • If the Rams took a bus or train ride instead of a plane ride I will make a note in the thread prior to posting those game results
  • I will also post 20-30 minutes prior to each flight in case anyone wanna does ATC
  • All Flights will happen in the Training Server

WHOSE HOUSE??? RAMS HOUSE!!!

Also here’s a picture of beautiful Sofi Stadium in Los Angeles, CA because this challenge is focusing on flying to go see other stadiums but you can’t forget about where you’re playing 10 of your 20 games

(NOTE: Unlike other sports charters, NFL Charters always fly back to home immediately after the game so I will only be flying the flights there because the flights back are just the literal same thing)

5 Likes

PRESEASON WEEK 1:
August 12th, 2023

Stetson Bennett passed for 191 yards and a touchdown for the Los Angeles Rams, getting his first NFL action in a 34-17 preseason loss to the Los Angeles Chargers.

1 Like

PRESEASON WEEK 2:
August 19th, 2023

1 Like

This is cool. Who do they typically charter from? I know a lot of sports teams use Sun Country.

1 Like

It’s interesting as I’ve never heard of any sports teams doing Sun Country as a charter. I think of it like this cuz it’s easy to remember. Rams use American, Dodgers use United, Lakers & Kings use Delta

1 Like

Vikings, Packers, Commanders, and Chiefs I know do off the top of my head. As well as a ton of college football teams

i totally would but its late for me

I think mostly college teams. I know a lot of schools coming to play at Arkansas fly Sun Country into KXNA

1 Like

Bro found a way to talk about sports on a flight sim community. Mad respect my G

1 Like

Empower Field at Mile High in Denver, Colorado
IMG_9044

Some fun facts about Empower Field at Mile High

• The stadium is nicknamed “Mile High” due to its elevation of 5,280 feet (1,610 m) above sea level. This is the same elevation as the city of Denver, which is why it is also known as the “Mile High City.”
  • The stadium was built at a cost of $400.7 million and opened in 2001. It is the sixth-largest stadium in the NFL, with a capacity of 76,125.
  • The stadium has a unique horseshoe shape and seating bowl, with its wave-like design, is meant to invoke the Rocky Mountains.
  • The Colorado Sports Hall of Fame museum can be found inside the stadium. The museum is open Thursdays through Saturdays and is free of charge.
  • The stadium’s video board is one of the largest in the NFL, measuring 220 feet by 40 feet.
  • The stadium has hosted a number of major events, including Super Bowl XLVIII in 2014, the NCAA Men’s Final Four in 2009, and the Major League Soccer All-Star Game in 2007.
  • The stadium is also home to the Colorado Crush of the Indoor Football League.

Los Angeles International Airport (KLAX) - Denver International Airport (KDEN)
IMG_9045

Date: August 22, 2023
Aircraft: American Airlines B777-200ER
Scheduled Departure Time: 2:35PM PDT
Actual Departure Time: 3:26PM PDT
Server: Training Server
Gate of Departure: United Airlines Maintenance Apron 11A
Runway to Depart: 25R
Cruise Altitude: 33,000ft
Cruise Speed: Mach 0.84
Expected Arrival Runway: 17R
Scheduled Arrival Time: 6:00PM MDT
Actual Arrival Time: 6:12PM MDT
Gate of Arrival: FBO Signature Flight Support DEN 04
Estimated Flight Time: 2 Hours and 25 Minutes
Actual Flight Time: 1 Hour and 46 Minutes

Parking at Los Angeles International Airport (KLAX)

Takeoff & Climb Pictures

Cruise Pictures

Descent & Landing Pictures

Parking at Denver International Airport (KDEN)

PRESEASON WEEK 3:
August 26th, 2023

Undrafted rookie Jaleel McLaughlin scored his fourth touchdown of the preseason and tight end Albert Okwuegbunam caught seven passes for 109 yards and a TD, leading the Broncos to a 41-0 blowout of the Rams.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.