Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona
Some fun facts about Chase Field
- It was the first stadium in the United States with a retractable roof over a natural-grass playing surface, although since 2019 it has used artificial turf.
- It was also the first ballpark to feature a pool in the outfield, which is located 415 feet from home plate. The first home run ball to land in the pool (on the fly) was hit by the Cubs’ Mark Grace on May 12, 1998.
- The roof of Chase Field can open and close in four and a half minutes, and it is operated with similar technology as draw bridges and overhead traveling cranes.
- The roof of Chase Field is made up of 9 million pounds of structural steel and 4 miles of cable.
- The stadium is named after the Bank One Corporation, which was the original corporate sponsor of the Diamondbacks. The name was changed to Chase Field in 2005 after Bank One was acquired by JPMorgan Chase.
- Chase Field hosted Games 1, 2, 6, and 7 of the 2001 World Series between the Arizona Diamondbacks and the New York Yankees. The Diamondbacks won all four home games, winning the title in seven games, and thus denying the Yankees a fourth consecutive championship. It was the first time since 1991 that the home team won all games of a World Series.
- The longest home run ever hit at Chase Field was 504 feet, by Adam Dunn in 2008. The longest home run hit in Major League Baseball history is 575 feet, by Giancarlo Stanton in 2016.
The first stop on this two series away stand is Chase Field located in Phoenix, Arizona as the Dodgers take on the Arizona Diamondbacks! (Also for future record the date on these is not the day I flew them but the day they were flown irl, same thing with the time)
Hollywood Burbank Airport (KBUR) - Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (KPHX)
Date: April 5, 2023
Aircraft: United Airlines B757-200
Scheduled Departure Time: 3:00PM PDT
Actual Departure Time: 4:19PM PDT
Server: Training Server
Gate of Departure: North Ramp Hangar 34
Runway to Depart: 15
Cruise Altitude: 33,000ft
Cruise Speed: Mach 0.80
Expected Arrival Runway: 26
Scheduled Arrival Time: 4:30PM PDT
Actual Arrival Time: 5:28PM PDT
Gate of Arrival: An empty area near Runway 8
Estimated Flight Time: 1 Hour and 30 Minutes
Actual Flight Time: 1 Hour and 9 Minutes
Parked at Hollywood Burbank Airport (KBUR)
Takeoff view facing the Hollywood Hills
View of Hollywood Burbank Airport, the neighborhoods of North Hollywood & Sun Valley, and the distant San Gabriel Mountains
View of the Santa Monica Mountains & the Pacific Ocean as we climb
Another pic of the San Gabriel Mountains as we climb because why not
Some pics of the Mojave Desert and some mountains in what I believe is Tonto National Forest during Climb, Cruise, and Descent
Don’t quote me on this but I believe that greenish-blueish thing is the Salt River here on the final approach into Phoenix
Another pic of final approach with a view of Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport & the city of Phoenix
Parking at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport