[Recreated] The History of Infinite Flight Wiki

Welcome to the History of Infinite Flight Wiki! A page dedicated to documenting and perserving the history of the evolution of our simulator! Below you will find a list compiled by our community regulars of all of the significant events in Infinite Flight’s history including updates, new staff members, feature announcements, milestones, and more. To find out happened in certain years and see how far Infinite has come, click on a time period below. Everything is organized by date, and includes links to the original post or announcement so that you can read more on the subject. If you see missing entries, be sure to post below so that a regular can add it. Enjoy!

Editing Instructions for Regulars

This post is a wiki, so it can be edited by anyone who is TL3 and up. If you see the need to edit, please follow these instructions:

• Follow the given format and do not edit parts of this post that are not part of the wiki.

• Keep the entries arranged in date order, from oldest to newest.

• Only write down important information about Infinite Flight (primarily things in #announcements, #blog, or FDS’s old blog: https://flyingdevstudio.blogspot.com). Not when you started playing IF, when a certain VA was founded, etc.

• Include the link to the original post or announcement

• Do not include navigation updates (there are too many of them to be documented)

• Feel free to correct any spelling, punctuation, or information errors that other editors made.

Early Development

(2011-2013)

Expansion

(2014-2016)

Global

(2017-2019)

Current Development

(2020-Present Time)

30 Likes

Looks amazing. I’ll try to contribute!

1 Like

It is a step through the Infinite Flight History books. I love it :)

2 Likes

Update

Added (since the previous version):

1 Like

It’s been so long since I’ve seen the Shuttle, we need it back!

Great work on this as well!

1 Like

“Achievements” can we bring that back. I never got to enojoy that. 🥺👉👈

2 Likes