Record Controlling Length?

So I’m pretty sure fellow North Carolinian @ktaviation wins the award for longest nonstop ATC controlling session. I am inbound to Fueteventura and it shows the tower frequency has been active for over eight hours!

5 Likes

I believe @Matevz_Treven was controlling for 24 hours yesterday 😉

Controlling can be fun sometimes, and sometimes we don’t want to syop

7 Likes

I believe @Aceorbit was active at KMSP yesterday for over 10 hours… 🧐

Correct me if I’m wrong

3 Likes

@Matevz_Treven control yesterday for 23hrs straight.

8 Likes

I think he was open in Ljubljana for literally the whole day! Great day for the balkans @Matevz_Treven ;) Thanks for the awesome coverage, I was able to do a lot of flights in the balkans!

3 Likes

Matevz’s internet went out at 23, just shy of the 24 mark. Amazing accomplishment, nonetheless. ;)

Great job to @ktaviation as well!

Edit: The record is 26, held by @JeebakR. Thanks to @ktaviation for the reminder!

7 Likes

Yes, that’s the answer, @Matevz_Treven for 23-24 hours at LJLJ. Congrats and awesome job!

2 Likes

lawd have mercy

I remember when @Twocflyer did constant 6-10 hours sessions, well done to @Matevz_Treven tough!

1 Like

23 hours straight. Wow that is impressive. I’m not sure I could stay awake that long 😴

I’ve heard the record is actually 26 hours from another controller, can’t remember his name though.

Thank you!! May or may not try to top his :)

1 Like

I thought 30 minutes was long

1 Like

While it is impressive it should not be something that you try to break. The goal with ATC is providing a service to the pilots. If you are tired or pushing through for the sake of a record then most likely quality of service is being sacrificed.

Quality over quantity.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot for their hard work !!! So nice to have such support !!!

Quality is being put over quantity, also hence the “may or may not.” If I feel I can’t do well anymore or don’t feel up to it, I’ll plan to close I promise :)

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.