Recommend: what do you use to find correct gates/terminal

Hey!

I recently saw a post from ‘16, and the app they recommend, which helped you locate what terminal and gate you should spawn at if you want to be realistic. However, the app can’t be found in the App Store anymore.

If you have any suggestions on what I should use for the same feature, locating what terminals/gated airlines operate at.

Thanks!

1 Like

Currently what I do now is that I google that information. Doesn’t take too long. Maybe about a minute or two depending on the airport

2 Likes

Also, check out the airport’s website. A lot of them will have information about the terminals/concourses that each airline uses!

3 Likes

I would check FlightRadar24.

3 Likes

Just google it, say,
“What terminal do American use in Dublin” (for example’s sake) and in this case Terminal 2 would come up.

2 Likes

Depending on the country google maps or google earth works you can roughly make out a livery which is useful eg:BAW in Bejing or Emirates plane in Paris. Not 100% perfect but works most of the time

1 Like

Hi!
I usually google the terminal, then use VirtualHub app (very useful) to identify the location and the taxiways leading to my gate.

1 Like

@Drummer, @ToasterStroodie, @Philippe_Gilbert, @CaptainHugh, @tominski, @tunamkol

Thanks for giving me these recommendations, I will definitely try these the next time I want to fly a realistic route.

I appreciate it!

Astreal

5 Likes

I use virtual hub, it’s an app with accurate gates and taxiway maps

2 Likes

Is it on the App Store?

Yes it is. It’s also a website

1 Like

It is often quite simple to find the correct gate if you are flying a real flight (I always do). I use Flightradar24 as my first source as you can basically see the exact position of the plane and therefore the correct gate. However, sometimes Flightradar doesn’t log the complete path. Then I just type the flightnumber into google (just for example “LH260”) and the first few pages that pop up tells you the gate.
Hope that helped too. :)

1 Like

Alright, I’m going to download it and try it out. If it doesn’t work well for me, I’ll most likely use Google, or airport websites.

1 Like

Okay! I will try FlightRadar24 also, it seems like a very good source for finding accurate gate/terminal information.

1 Like

Awesome!! This is what it looks like zoomed out

2 Likes

for GA I use foreflight to get the airport diagrams and that leads me to FBOs, etc. but for commercial i just google something along the lines of “jetblue boston terminal”

1 Like

Is flight radar free to use or is there a subscription or something you have to buy?

1 Like

I normally use Flightaware for realistic gate and terminal information. For example, I’ll be doing this one tonight and replicating as shown. Either go to the website or type the flight number into google and it will appear with other similar sites as well :-)

1 Like

I’m pretty sure it is free? Maybe the “Ad-free” version costs a premium?

flightradar24 is free but you get a lot more with the yearly subscription like squawk codes and basically everything else you can imagine

1 Like