Recent "Byte-Sized" Spotting @ KORD

Atlas Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 (F) Registration: N408MC

Cargolux Boeing 747-8-LR Registration: LX-VCE

LOT Polish Airlines Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Registration: SP-LRB

FedEx Express MD-10-10F Registration: UNKWN

FedEx Express Boeing 767-3S2F (ER) Registration: N161FE

Lastly, a revised version of one of my older photos.
Royal Jordanian Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner Registration: JY-BAE

Summary

All of these except the Jordanian and FexEx MD-10-10F were taken from my balcony with a Nikon D5600 and a Nikkor 70-300mm lens. These photos were all edited in Adobe Lightroom CC (2019) and touched up in Adobe Photoshop CC (2016)

Please also take the time to vote down below for your favorite one :)
Thanks for visiting!

• Photo One (Atlas Air)
  • Photo Two (Cargolux)
  • Photo Three (LOT)
  • Photo Four (FedEx MD-10)
  • Photo Five (FedEx 767)
  • Photo Six (Royal Jordanian)

0 voters

13 Likes

Try cropping in more. Were these shots taken at 300mm?

1 Like

zoomed in on it. looks to be N161FE

nice pics!

1 Like

Yes, all except the MD-10 and the Jordanian. I’ll definitely do that! Thanks for the suggestion!

Just going to point this out. It’s a DC-10. The other aircraft that MD made is the MD-11.

Amazing pictures though!

Actually, FedEx converted the DC-10s to MD-10s. The difference is that the MD-10 has a glass cockpit like the MD-11, but the DC-10 has the old cockpit with dials and stuff like that. This made switching from MD-11 to DC(MD)-10 and vice verse much easier and cheaper.

1 Like

Never heard of it

The MD-10 is retrofit cockpit upgrade to the DC-10 and a re-designation to MD-10 . The upgrade included an Advanced Common Flightdeck (ACF) used on the MD-11 and was launched in 1996. The new cockpit eliminated the need for the flight engineer position and allowed common type rating with the MD-11. This allows companies such as FedEx Express, which operate both the MD-10 and MD-11, to have a common pilot pool for both aircraft. The MD-10 conversion now falls under the Boeing Converted Freighter program where Boeing’s international affiliate companies perform the conversions.

1 Like

The MD-10 definitely exists. I caught one back in July.

Did nobody else see the MD-10 registration UNKWN aka UNKNOWN

1 Like

Nice shot of 408MC! Love the Atlas 747s!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.