Received 5 violations & ghosted

There’s nothing you can do other than wait it out. The mods have said repeatedly that violations are only removed if shown evidence of a bug in the system. Unfortunately, a tailwind isn’t a bug.

You are a brave soul for trying to fly the 321, though. I gave up on that one.

Just think of it in terms of weighing a week on training versus a disaster in the restroom with the phone I guess.

These are all wonderful attributes to have. Unfortunately, they’re entirely immaterial to speeding today.

2 Likes

Now the replay shows 0 knots for wind. So clearly there’s a bug. I’m fine with getting a violation or two (even though it’s still not right) the thing I don’t like it is getting ghosted because of the plane is unstable.

1 Like

The replay is changing? At the exact same time as you looked at it before?

1 Like

mind uploading the video and sharing it here?!

1 Like

Will do right now

1 Like

Don’t upload it here. Upload it to a cloud and share the link if you want to share it.

One moment, lemme grab a few links.

1 Like

they can just record a small part of the replay using a screen capture and then upload it to youtube or something

1 Like

I saw the tutorials, but the forum said it can’t be uploaded it doesn’t support that type of file.

1 Like

If you’d like, go to the link that Tim included: ShareMyInfiniteFlight.com and message me the unique share code for the replay and I’ll take a look.

3 Likes

Yes the wind was at approximately 115 knots in real time while actually flying in the game/app, then in the first replay was 18 knots, the second replay was 0 knots.

I forgot to mention that the last waypoint was the same for the last 45 plus minutes of the flight (didn’t change direction)

It’s just a game, it’s not life, HOWEVER, when you follow the rules & because you needed to use the restroom & the wind suddenly changed & less than 5 minutes later the plane is bobbling up & down & stalls & over speeds, it’s quite disappointing.

It’s not like this occurred over multiple flights, I have NEVER been ghosted before; this was NOT an overnight flight that lasted hours & did NOT have multiple chances to alter things to prevent all of this from happening.

1 Like

That I can confirm. Not sure why the replay’s winds were zeroed out but the movement of the aircraft is showing me that there were some winds up at altitude. Something greater than 0 and 18kts.

The IAS tape that normally would read your indicated airspeed reads groundspeed and that issue if you want to call it that is known. Surely before you went to the restroom, you would’ve set the speed to an appropriate speed but it appears that the speed was never set. Because you were traveling at such high rate of speed, for the altitude hold and autopilot for that matter, the aircraft was in an oscillation motion chasing pitch to hold altitude. The oscillation became so great that that the aircraft then stalled and took a flop over on its back and plummeted towards the green trees below.

My conclusion was this, from what I was able to hear (engine sounds) and see, it appears that the speed was never set/enabled to hold a speed when you left your device unattended. Probably best to wait until the aircraft is in cruise or set the climb to something really shallow such as 1000ft per minute.

I had it set to Mach 0.87 on autopilot (NAV, VS ALT all on autopilot) I even lowered it earlier in the game upon climbing to see if it’ll stop bobbling (down to Mach 0.60) & it still was bobbling. I was actually at the cruising altitude when all of this happened

1 Like

Yes do not leave your device unattended during takeoff and landing. Waiting the additional 15-20 minutes is worth it if you want no violations. This is especially true when ATC is present.

I was at cruising altitude of 28,000 feet

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the point unfortunately. You should be between .78 and .82

1 Like

I agree however I was at least 5 knots below the red speed warning in the HUD & at least 0.01 Mach below the limit as well.

1 Like

thats way too fast.

That’s fine and I understand, but do note this:

Just because the redline is there, does not mean that our aircraft is capable of handling those speeds.

2 Likes

It happened because of the wind changing though? 🤔

1 Like

Nope. Winds don’t cause Mach to change. Maybe a few knots (2-5kts) but nothing significant.

2 Likes