Realistic Route Syndrome

I suffer from “Realistic Route Syndrome”, for example, I like flying 8:30 to 9 hour flights where I take off, go to bed and land within an hour of waking up. I was looking for flights that fit this time range and one of them was Charlotte to Zurich according to SimBrief, but there are no direct flights between the cities in real life so I won’t fly it. Does anybody else suffer from this and how do I fix it in my brain

30 Likes

Lol weird syndrome have you tried visiting doctor?

11 Likes

That sounds like a serious issue. Luckily, I watched all seasons of Grey’s Anatomy. So I’m basically a doctor.

If the route doesn’t exist in RL, take the Cessna Citation, the Private MD-11, a Generic livery or any Cargo plane. Fly it as a corporate or charter cargo route. That’s how I do it. 😊

39 Likes

Yes!!! I feel guilty for flying some unrealistic route… I ask myself “what’s wrong with you?”

6 Likes

That’s a good idea, I’ve realized FedEx and UPS fly many random routes all over the world

1 Like

I knew I wasn’t the only person who suffered from this!

4 Likes

What @Marc said. How about a Manchester to Bermuda in a TBM because its realistic I used to have this issue as well 🤣

1 Like

Oh my gosh, that’s what I do!

1 Like

EGLL-VIDP EGLL-VIDP EGLL-VOHS all in that time range

2 Likes

Just do longer routes and sleep mor3 -__-

btw CYVR-EGLL is a nice 9 hr you can pull off.

1 Like

This is a common problem with most flight simmers

2 Likes

Unfortunately I suffer severely from this syndrome. 9 hours is a nice range. LHR-AUS is maybe 9.5-10 and vice versa is like 8. However, if you want more routes you can check FR24 or this:

1 Like

KIAD-LSGG is about 9 hours

1 Like

Relax, you are not alone ;) If not, you can always fly cargo or the citation x.

2 Likes

I personally love flying the Infinite Flight 788 if the route doesn’t exist. It’s like a private charter, but with an extra sexy livery.

3 Likes

All the time. Sometimes I don’t even fly it if infinite flight doesn’t have the livery associated with the route.

1 Like

Your profile pic says this comment perfectly 😂

1 Like

Actually you’re not alone in this… I like to be as realistic as I can… Before planning my flights; i check the Flightradar24 for the routes of that flight; even in the same day (if completed ) or the previous day if haven’t flown yet… I modify the routes to be as close to real life as i can and I always choose the same callsign, gates, aircraft types and taxi routes… Flight simulators are more beneficial and considered great educational tool when its highly realistic

3 Likes

Omg I’m exactly like that I was afraid to say anything coz I though that is be the o my one thank God I’m not the only one😂

3 Likes

I’m the exact same 😂

1 Like