Realistic Procedures at EIDW

Hello IFC,
Today I bring you a new topic about realistic procedures at Dublin.

To start :
Runway 16/34 is very rarely used at Dublin. When RW28/10 is in use (99 percent of the time) 34/16 can be used as a taxiway for aircraft from Terminal 1.

Realistic procedures from the two different areas of T1.

Airlines that use T1 are everyone that flies to Dublin except for Aer Lingus, Emirates, and all US airlines.

Taxi procedures from T2:

Airlines that use T2 are everyone mentioned above.

Now, arrival procedures.

If you land on RWY 28, you’ll probably exit on Sierra-5.

Turn left and pass the cargo area, if you’re going to Terminal 1

To get to T2:

I hope you guys enjoyed this realistic taxi tutorial.
Feel free to use this at Dublin in the future.
:)

27 Likes

Noted, thanks for the tip

1 Like

Could you let us know what reasons they would use 16 & 34?

3 Likes

Sure! The winds usually suit either 10/28 and the large amounts of traffic and terminal/taxiway layout means it’s impractical. It’s only used when the crosswind limits are exceeded and / or 28/10 is closed for maintenance.

2 Likes

Usually to do with winds, as aircraft 99% of the time depart into the wind if the winds were heading the direction and were to strong for the use of RW28/10 then they would be using 16/34.

2 Likes

16/34 is basically used as a crosswind runway when crosswind limits are exceeded for 28/10 👍

4 Likes

Ikr, its sooo annoying to have my home airport used by wrong runways, and wrong terminals

2 Likes

Negative, the Sierra taxiways is barely used for aircraft taxiing to T2. The only time they would really taxi via the Sierra taxiway is when the early morning US flights arrive in. The usual taxi route is via Sierra, Whiskeys and the Foxes 👍

1 Like

Thank you for this interesting guide. It’s great to have this kind of guides that throws very cool info about the procedures. Next time I pop in Dublin I will follow this 👌💯

3 Likes

Very annoying.

Ooh thanks 😁 pointing out an error in my own topic

Thank you @BinaryChess!

2 Likes

Finally someone addressed these things about my local airport! Very well done @CaptainHugh! 👍

3 Likes

It’s a lot of people here’s local airport, and no problem!

1 Like

Yup

Filler

1 Like

A very similar situation to VABB (Mumbai, India). The most used runway is 27/09, and the cross-runway as it’s called (32/14) is usually used as a taxiway unless there’s strong crosswinds or the main runway is being repaired. This is both due to prevailing winds, and the fact that 32 doesn’t have a precision approach.
In fact, Mumbai, in spite of having two runways has been deemed to be a single-runway airport, lol.

1 Like

That’s interesting!

1 Like

Aha, great guide, I’ve bookmarked it for next time I fly into Dublin. Thanks! ;)

1 Like

Thanks Riley!

2 Likes

No worries, mate. ;)

2 Likes