Realistic APPR

A lot of the time, the issues you have mentioned above are a result of pilot error…
It’s not the software’s fault if you haven’t correctly lined up with the ILS. Yes sometimes it’s aggressive and over compensates, but once you get the hang of using the system, it’s quite easy to use.

You also mention it being just a little button… There is a surprising amount of effort needed by IF to achieve the auto land system, as the aircraft has to calculate it’s bank angles and descent correctly to even lign up with the runway, and that’s before we get to the actual landing in itself.

3 Likes

I’m a VATSIM pilot and there is no way in life that when I activate APPR it does that. It just needs to be reworked that’s all

3 Likes

I’ll give you a tip: whenever you want to use the APPR, don’t just press the button on final, allign with the Glideslope perfectly and then activate it, it can be annoying sometimes i get it, but theres a little tip to make it not stall you out, but this would be handy indeed! ;)

1 Like

The sudden climb/descent isn’t so bad if you are already on glidescope but I agree it needs a rework!

…wouldnt be surprised if devs are already working on it…

2 Likes

This is not a problem of the system, it doesn’t miss the approach , it simply follows the glideslope and their numbers, if this data is not aligned with the runway, you may land not exactly on the centerline.

The airport editing team is constantly working and investing their free time into solving these problems for free.

But I agree that it could be a bit smoother, maybe with the whole A/P rework
2 Likes

Almost stalled you out, its stalled me out like 5 different times

1 Like

Trust me im always lined up and I never use APPR on live but when i train and practice on solo it just does not simplybactivate as “quickly” as you say it does

Lets just hope in the future it comes!

I mean the only reason it can lead to missed approach its because of how high it brings you before diping so eventually you will be to high after being to alligned

I think APPR should also take into consideration the terrain around different airports. Voted!!!

1 Like

That’s the angle;-)
Most of the times its 3°, though sometimes (I.e. EGLC) the surrounding terrain is taken right in the angle ;-)

I appreciate it! Thx for the vote. Hope to see this get voted and yes implimented with Terrain around airports. :)

Yea some airports have steeper approaches than others so it would be so much better

It’s simply… the MD-11/DC-10 APPR is the best in IF. Just take it and put it into all planes’ database…

1 Like

Idk why but for some reason this is the only aircraft with a slightly better APPR. Probably since they are relatively new to the game almost then it they worked on them more then other aircraft

That’s it. If they put the MD-11/DC-10 APPR system on all aircraft, there would be minimal problems with APPR

Some of you guys here clearly don’t know anything about coding and having multiple systems working at the same time. You simply can’t just copy and paste the APPR into all aircrafts.

I think they meant to atleast make it similar towards the MD/DC how they did it for them

2 Likes

APPR only gets sketchy for me if I’m not established correctly for final. Crucial to be at the correct altitude when enabling (be aware of your destinations airports altitude).

I would also recommend turning your sensitivity down for pitch and roll, this will help those corrections not feel so violent.

Hope this helps!