Realistic Aircraft Warning Systems

Hey guys. It is a great privilege that we have the cockpit warning sounds that we have. However, the current sounds are from the MD-80 and are not very realistic given that we don’t even have the MD-80 in the game yet. What I propose is that each aircraft would have the matching unique warning systems that their real life counterparts have
How I think that this would be implemented
Most planes would have their own unique sounds given that this is how it is in real life. Here are some that I think would be necessary
All Aircraft

• TCAS alerts
    All Airbus planes
  • EGPWS
  • Airbus, Bombardier, Embraer Autopilot disconnect
  • Airbus altitude callouts, including retard callout
  • Master Caution for overspeed, improper configuration, cabin altitude, and fire warning
  • Airbus Stall Warning
    Boeing 717-200
  • EGPWS
  • McDonnell Douglas Autopilot disconnect
  • McDonnell Douglas altitude callouts
  • McDonnell Douglas improper configuration callouts
  • Current overspeed warning
  • Current Stall Warning
    Boeing 737 Family
  • EGPWS
  • 737 Autopilot disconnect
  • Current altitude callouts
  • 737 Improper configuration, cabin altitude
  • 737, 747 overspeed warning
  • Stick shaker
    Boeing 747-200
  • TAWS
  • 747-200 autopilot disconnect
  • Old Boeing altitude callouts
  • 747-200 Improper configuration
  • Stick shaker
    Boeing 747-400, 747-8
  • EGPWS
  • 747-400, 747-8 autopilot disconnect
  • 747-400, 747-8 Improper configuration
  • Stick shaker
    Boeing 757, 767, 777, 787
  • EGPWS
  • 757, 767, 777, 787 autopilot disconnect
  • 757, 767, 777, 787 Improper configuration, cabin altitude, overspeed warning
  • Stick shaker
    CRJ
  • EGPWS
  • Airbus, Bombardier, Embraer autopilot disconnect
  • Ground proximity warning
  • CRJ overspeed warning
  • Config Flaps warning
  • Config Spoilers warning
  • Config Autopilot warning
  • Door warning
  • Brakes warning
  • Stick shaker
    DC10
  • TAWS
  • DC10 altitude callouts
  • McDonnell Douglas Improper configuration warning
  • Current Overspeed warning
  • Stick Shaker
    MD11
    *EGPWS
  • McDonnell Douglas Altitude callouts
  • McDonnell Douglas Improper configuration warning
  • Current overspeed warning
  • Stick Shaker
    Why this would make a great addition to IF
    This is one of the most simple things to add, as all of what I listed above are readily available on the internet. It seems like it would also be fairly simple to add, just add in the required audio files needed. Also, some of these can help us to better ourselves, as the takeoff config warnings can alert us to set our flaps and such. In addition, some of the warnings share the same sound, so if FDS decides to add a fire element to the game of something along those lines, there is already an alert for that on the Airbus for example. This would make the game a lot more realistic, and not everyone can or is willing to pay for the warnings on IF Assistant, and it doesn’t even have all of these warnings, and some, such as the Retard callouts, are outdated and are not used anymore. It is a little more difficult to find the warnings for some planes, such as the Dash 8 or E-Jets, which is why I have not included them here. However, all of these are fairly simple to find, and I can’t imagine that it would be that difficult to implement, and would add a ton of realism to the game.

I’ve already paid for IF Assistant, but still, having built in would be great! Voted!

9 Likes

this a really good idea voted

3 Likes

Not everyone is willing to pay $5 for an app which has an outdated callouts

5 Likes

It’s a personal choice, as it said, would be nice as a built in IF feature.

6 Likes

I mean I haven’t seen a flight sim that allows you to bye an add-on for a aircrath warning system

2 Likes

If you want this or something very close to this try downloading a third party app like this one:

I use this when flying and it’s very realistic and works like a charm.

3 Likes

@con he already knows and I think it’s safe to say this is one reason he want’s it added.

5 Likes

The only problem is getting high quality sounds that are not copyrighted, otherwise I NEED this!

Imagine:
Terrain Terrain, PULL UP! PULL UP!

12 Likes

This would be awesome! Also saying that if FDS added this they would add the best possible sounds that work in the best possible way in IF and with the planes, which 3rd party apps can’t get to the same level of quality as the devs could.

3 Likes

It would be cool to have this actually implemented rather than in a third party app. Got my vote!

2 Likes

imagine using this https://youtu.be/GNwd1qXt3RI

2 Likes

You bascially get all of that with IFA

1 Like

No you don’t, as it doesn’t provide the accurate autopilot disconnect sound for all aircraft except for the 737 and A320, it doesn’t provide altitude callouts except for the Retard callout, which is old and outdated, you don’t get the Master Caution warnings or the stickshaker or the Airbus and MD stall warnings, or the overspeed warnings, or the older TAWS on the 742 and DC10, etc, and IFA costs money and these warnings cost additional money, whereas this would be built in.

1 Like

You have my vote, not everyone is able to pay for attendant applications for the infinite flight, so this being added directly to the game would be good for those who do not have many conditions, also with this feature the infinite flight would be a bit more complete .

3 Likes

I personally think that FDS should focus more on adding aircraft such as the A350 XWB, reworking some of the aircraft like the A330, improve the ground textures and scenery, and fix bugs and glitches.

I believe that the third party developers and apps like IF-Assistant and Infinite Passengers make the Infinie Flight experience even more immersive, while FDS can focus on improving on stuff such as graphics.

1 Like

I ran out of votes, but I fully support this.

Although it might be hard to implement for each aircraft type.

I’ll bookmark this request though.

Absolutely amazing man, sorry I’m out of votes unfortunately and I can’t remember the ones I voted for :(

But I hope this gets added ;)

It would also be nice if they could implement ECAM and or TCAS alerts.

There is one with limited warnings… IF Assistant.