Real World Shaped Terminals

Hi IFC! Today I’m requesting a thing that will most probabaly be loved by everyone, real world shaped terminals!

Credits:Unknown

As you can see in this little sneak peek, Terminal 2E at LFPG isn’t “shaped” as the real world one. ^

As of now, the only “explicit” example we have, is LFPG.

We understand that they’re currently still WIP, and that the developers have putted a lot of effort into them, but why say no to realism? 🙂

This will be a great addition to Infinite Flight, both realistically, and aesthetically!

If you’d like this addition to be added to IF, feel free to vote, comment, like, and share, thank you!

Do you think this would be possible for all airports worldwide, or for only popular airports like LFPG or EGLL?

For all airports worldwide, definitely 🙂

Well thats gonna take some time…

Only way I see this possible is a Airport Buildings Editing Team. Otherwise, its too much work to be done in a reasonable time.

I agree it would be very very nice to have real Terminal shap
But to be honnest it is too hard for a mobile simulation game.

And I think 3D buildings are nicely done the terminal is well rounded and made of glass

3 Likes

Well this is just a work in progress and this is the first time Infinite Flight implemented 3D airports in the game so things are subjected to change in the future… the developers surely have this in mind already!

1 Like

I do agree! Real world shaped terminals would be awesome! I also agree that they’ll take quite some more time to be made, but think of the final product, it will be so awesome!🙂

2 Likes

Definitely agree! But let’s be sure they are secured😄

I think the IFAET could have a handbook on how to model the terminal buildings made by the devs, it’s definitely possible in my opinion.

1 Like

yaeh and the building and glass colour and concrete ceiling/wall colour should also match the real life airport

1 Like

Yeah, I recon this is posible with the help of IFAET. They could increase their workforce and we would have all airports re-modelled in no time!

2 Likes

Definitely we all love this😊!

1 Like

I’d just like to put out a quick point, do remember this is the very first iteration of buildings in the simulator… there is nothing to say they won’t be made more complex or detailed in the future. You have to remember that everything in the simulator is built from polygons, and the more you have, the bigger the impact on performance. There are limits

2 Likes

i think the main idea for this is airports with a very artistic design such at Paris but also Dubai and obviously many others

3 Likes

Because buildings are real pretty, but running the simulator at 10FPS is not.

Have a broader perspective

1 Like

Do you really think so? As far as I am aware modeling 3D buildings with expensive software is something else than tracing satellite imagery. I may be mistaken but I tried out Blender, which already is way simpler than the software the devs use, and I am 99% sure that this is not something that you can just learn in a day. Furthermore, 3D modeling requires way more PC performance, so this is another point where lots of people couldn’t even do it.

2 Likes

there honestly will be barely any performance drop, nothing major. Most people run on ultra graphics, granted they might have to change the graphics to medium, its still not that bad. Someone who pays 10 bucks a month will probably have a descent midrange phone. My phone is 250$ and it runs xplane, aerofly, IF and RFS smoothly on highest graphics.

1 Like

Agreed, they might be able to do something called “IFMT” (IF modelling team) and they can recruit people who know blender/3d design. it’ll be hard but im sure recruiting a couple passionate people who know how to 3d design wont hurt :). Granted there might just be 3 people who apply for it but judging by the estimate of 1 person can make 1 airport a week, it isnt that bad. They can also hire 3D designers, im sure they will profit off of it, most people dont play IF because of clouds n 3d buildings.

1 Like

Definitely agree!😊

1 Like

The thing is I suspect that they would need to use the same software as IF to implement everything smoothly. Problem is, the software costs 700-1000$ yearly and I don’t believe that’s something somebody is willing to pay