Real world aviation category

I enjoy this category to hear stories of everyone’s experiences as it was intended. Lately we are getting some very off the wall discussions that the poster them selves hasn’t personally had the experience. Or it’s turned into a news outlet to debate United or anyone else that messes up. So this is the original use for this category.

I’d like to highlight the your experience why has this category been allowed to go so far off the wall? Is there a newer definition that I’m not finding? It would clean it up a lot if we got rid of the B.S. In this category. The spotting category and every other category is used as intended. The #real-world-aviation category shouldn’t be any diffrent.

26 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. It should be used to cover important or interesting things in real world aviation. Not a place to farm likes with “Guess the” or “would you rather” topics. Well said.

13 Likes

I have to agree with this actually. Sometimes some people only post links without substance which makes Infinite Flight Community looks like a NewsBiz or a news outlet rather than a community forum.

Some people also runs out of idea when it goes to #real-world-aviation thus making some unproductive topics to gain some likes. I think the rule must be a little bit enforced so this issue wont happen again

2 Likes

I couldn’t agree more, we need a topic about “creating meaningful topics” pinned.

3 Likes

Maybe another poll is in order…

1 Like

Very well said. I completely agree

4 Likes

A poll for what? What is there to poll.

Excellent post dude. I agree with what you’ve mentioned. I think repeat offenders should be given a few days or weeks off. 🤷🏼‍♂️ How else are they going to learn. Its tiring, exhausting and getting old. I’d like to see some change in the #real-world-aviation category.

7 Likes

Earlier this year we had a poll to decide whether topic creation in RWA should be limited to TL3

1 Like

Would my topic reporting a birdstrike be in the wrong?

2 Likes

Where you in the plane?

2 Likes

Keyword is “your”. Unless you were on this flight, or you physically witnessed it your topic isn’t relevant.

3 Likes

Nope, but it seems that rule about creating topics only about your experience is not active anymore. During my time on here, I haven’t seen anyone pulled up for that rule. And moderators don’t seem to enforce that rule either.

2 Likes

I witnessed it through FlightRadar 👍 (Jk)

1 Like

I mean there has to be some lee way I get that. If something new comes out like data comm. talk about ADS-B, to have a meaningful discussion I’m all for that kind of stuff. Reporting the news here though just seems silly.

1 Like

🤦🏼‍♂️ Sorry bud. Just because the mods don’t enforce something doesn’t make it right to deviate from the rules.

1 Like

I’ve never even seen that rule. It’s not like I didn’t put any effort into that topic or it can’t create a meaningful discussion. More news could come in from the investigation of that incident, like Beijing airport will try harder to keep birds away from the area or something.

Anyone can put effort into a non meaningful topic…

Look I’m not calling anyone out but in general that category has gotten out of hand. I don’t need IF’s forum for aviation news, or memes, some aircraft drawing, ect. I want to hear about the groups personal experiences.

1 Like

🙄 yea since that’s the proper solution to the overwhelming problem.

1 Like