Real voice ATC

I have been toying with this idea for a while. For X-Plane there are a ton of plugins for vatsim and pilotedge that use real world voice ATC. I have the Logitech G-pro 30 and I have set the trigger to open the atc menu. What would happen if i held that button and could talk to atc? It would make the sim more realistic as I have to taxi twice as long if there is a controller controlling tower and another controller controlling ground. I get taxi clearance for runway 03L and than get contacted by tower. The tower declines my takeoff clearance and has me taki to another runway. With live Audio i could tell the tower that I got cleared for that runway.

BAVA used to have a sort of feature like that called VATC which used discord. However it was stopped by IFVARB as it could be used to exploit people (it wasn’t it’s just that it could be). I’m sure we would all love to see it however I’m not sure today’s regulations and laws would be very easy to work with to try and organise something like this. It’s a good idea though 👍

2 Likes

This is many times discussed and a conclusion about it won’t happen

1 Like

How does vatsim and pilot edge with than?

2 Likes

That is different because Infinite Flight would not do it. I am not sure it could happen now.

1 Like

Not feasible for the time being due to laws and various moderation requirements.